Talk

Advanced search

Soft sandwich fillers - non dairy / soya

(13 Posts)
Jacksterbear Sun 29-May-11 08:40:36

I need ideas please!

So far can only really think of mashed avocado, mashed banana, and mashed hard-boiled egg. Any others?

SandyChick Sun 29-May-11 08:43:41

Cucumber with skin and pips removed?

SoupDragon Sun 29-May-11 08:54:43

Salmon.

Why does it have to be soft (ie mashed)?

Jacksterbear Sun 29-May-11 09:04:49

Thanks.
soup - I suppose mainly because I'm thinking of alternatives to cream cheese,for DD who is dairy intolerant; no other real reason!

giraffesCantZumba Sun 29-May-11 09:06:18

mushroom pate

shelley72 Sun 29-May-11 09:15:47

we use spreadable goats cheese for DD who is also dairy intolerant. she seems to be able to tolerate goats milk in small quantities. its actually very yummy!

Lollypolly Sun 29-May-11 09:17:46

Tuna mayo

BikeRunSki Sun 29-May-11 09:25:48

Hummous - home made to make it less garlicky than shop bought.
peanut butter

Beware that mushroom pate often has a cream cheese base.

cardamomginger Sun 29-May-11 10:28:48

peanut (and other nut) butter?

TittyBojangles Sun 29-May-11 15:05:48

Homemade pate? Cooked chicken blended with a bit of avocado and mascapone/creamcheese/non-dairy equivalent.

gourd Mon 30-May-11 10:48:04

Hummus is really good and you can always flavour it with some different spices for a bit of variety. Paprika is our LO's favourite but a little cumin is also good. You can also make a hummus type spread with any bean or pulse - butter and haricot beans are a good alternative to chickpeas and work just as well, with a little garlic and olive oil.

Tahini - we have it in the cupboard to use in hummus making, but it's nice on it's own too.

Hazelnut or other nut butter (just ground nuts and oil).

Roast aubergine spread - our Lo loves it, despite initial misgivings about roast aubergine on it's own (skin can be a bit tough and bitter) she now eats it as a spread or in moussaka.

tigermummy35 Thu 02-Jun-11 18:23:16

Jam, marmite, hummous, fish paste, potted beef?

Paschaelina Thu 02-Jun-11 18:26:09

marmite, tuna, chicken and salad, peanut butter,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now