Talk

Advanced search

Diet for 6.5 month old

(7 Posts)
Maria101 Thu 30-Dec-10 21:26:40

My daughter is nearly 7 months old, and for the last 6 weeks I've been giving her pureed carrot, banana, courgette, sweet potato etc. I'm feeding her twice a day and she hasn't dropped a milk feed. Should I start feeding her three times a day, and giving her other things (ie, non fruit and veg)? Or do I need to wait a while? The HVs I speak to give me conflicting advice and my mum and mum-in-law are from the school of 'I weaned mine at 12 weeks and it didn't do them any harm!'

Seona1973 Thu 30-Dec-10 21:58:06

she can have most things now apart from whole nuts, honey, salty foods, etc and you can also start to offer finger foods. If you have no allergy issues then you can offer toast, pasta, meats, dairy, etc too.

jester68 Fri 31-Dec-10 09:11:32

My daughter has just turned 7 months old and from around 6 months old she basically started to eat everything we were having.

Breakfast is normally porridge/ready brek or baby cereal with pureed fruit in like blueberries/banana/apple etc.

Lunch is broccoli and cauliflower cheese/vegetables and chicken/ spaghetti bolonaise etc followed by a yoghurt

Dinner is potato, veg and chicken/cottage pie and vegetables/ beef stew with veg.

Supper is either a yoghurt or banan custard or mashed up banana and milk.

Everything is either blended or mashed.

She also has some finger foods through the day to get her used to different tastes/textures. I buy the baby organic foods like rice cakes, sweetcorn snacks, carrot snacks etc. And she will also have toast with a little butter and marmite, chopped up fruit etc.

She drinks water at meal times.

Only things not to give are: nuts, honey and foods with salt in them

Maria101 Fri 31-Dec-10 12:56:24

How do you get her to drink water? I've got a Tommy Tippee weaning cup, and I put cooled boiled water in it, but she hates the taste. I've read that very weak/diluted fruit juice is a good bet?

Maria101 Fri 31-Dec-10 12:56:54

PS - how many bottles does she have alongside that, jester68?

BuongiornoPrincipessa Fri 31-Dec-10 14:40:53

You can give her tap water after 6 months. I just let my dd pick up the cup (I have a free flow tommee tippee) and then help her a bit. It takes a while for them to get the hang of it.

Diluted juice is ok but I prefer water as then she won't get used to always having sweet drinks.

RantyMcRantpants Fri 31-Dec-10 14:56:36

At that age you don't have to puree anything. Just offer anything you eat and she will pick it up and stuff it in her mouth, spag bol is great fun grin

Babyled Weaning there is also a forum on this site and if you search on MN there is loads of advice about BLW.

And I agree with BP ref: the water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now