Talk

Advanced search

Possibly silly question re sippy cups, water and wet clothes...

(4 Posts)
Jammers Mon 20-Dec-10 16:58:28

Happily ds seems to love his sippy cup and with some guidance is managing to drink water. I only started with this yesterday and each time he drinks, the bit that he inevitably spits out (or rather lets dribble out) ends up soaking his clothes around his neck. I have tried plastic bibs but it still seems to seep through to his clothes. In this weather I can't let him hang out in clothes that are even a little bit wet and I can't be changing his outfit every time I offer the cup! How do others deal with this?!

Justalittlereindeer Mon 20-Dec-10 18:26:29

Urggghh, I remember that stage. Did my head in, as she just ended up soaked constantly.

It does pass though.

How old is he?

Jammers Mon 20-Dec-10 20:01:25

Just 6mo. I assume it passes when they learn to hold all the water in their mouths and swallow? Wish it was summer then I wouldn't need to bother so much!

LeChatRouge Mon 20-Dec-10 20:06:34

Could you offer it hourly or so? Then he might drink it rather than spit it out? I seem to recall my lot messing about if they weren't really thirsty and letting it fall out of their mouths.

Also do you have plastic backed cloth bibs? Or use a muslin under his chin?

Another thing - does the lid have a small hole in it opposite the spout? This means the contents can gush out as this allows the air in - I found cups with no holes in and they had to suck to get the water out, much better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: