Talk

Advanced search

eating too much? chunky baby, am I totally silly to worry?

(6 Posts)
missytequila Sat 11-Dec-10 13:06:46

all of the sudden my 8 month old has decided that she is going to eat and love her food. the first week i was so pleased...but suddenly I have started to see it as another worry on the new mum front.

can you over feed a baby? I have been giving her more if she wants it, but she is eating for britian! larger and larger portions and she does not seem to want to cut out a milk feed either (she has 5 milks and 3 meals now)... Some of the milk feeds are sometimes a little smaller but she still wants them.

she has gone from the 50th percentile to the 98th and cant fit into any clothes!

please reassure me that being a chunky monkey is good...

Gargula Sat 11-Dec-10 15:09:00

I'm no expert but I wouldn't worry.
It'll give her a bit of a reserve when she does the whole "I'm not eating anything" stage.
Sometimes it shocks me what my DD (8 months) can pack away - other times she eats like a bird.

Gargula Sat 11-Dec-10 15:10:04

In fact, same goes for my three year old. He's not been eating much recently but this morning had 5 bowls of cheerios for breakfast hmm

winnybella Sat 11-Dec-10 15:14:59

Oh, yes, DD ate everything and a lot of it til she was 19/20 mo- now refuses most of it. Don't worry- as long as it's healthy I think she'll be ok.

Tigresswoods Sat 11-Dec-10 20:32:23

So long as you are feeding her healthy stuff then I wouldn't worry, they have days when they eat loads and then some they eat hardly nothing.

mmmmmchocolate Sat 11-Dec-10 20:55:30

DD1 was like this. Ate almost anything. I was asked at her 8 month check if she was eating junk food etc but she only ever ate healthy food. In fact the first time she ate anything junky was her first birthday when she had a bit of cake. When she did eventually start walking she burned it off. Apparently babies don't overeat it's only from about the age of 2 that they might eat for the sake of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now