Talk

Advanced search

7.5 months and totaly refuses savoury foods

(5 Posts)
whatsleep Fri 10-Dec-10 14:30:44

have been doing BLW from 5 months, just things like cucumber and apple etc for the first month nothing she could actually eat, just sucking things. from 6 months we started propper finger foods, she adores fruit and will munch her way through countless strawberries, rasberries, bananas, tomatoes etc, but if i give her savoury foods - carrots, potatoes, french beans, mash or any veg really she just throws them on the floor, I have tried making some mashed veg to give to her but she takes one taste and clamps her mouth shut! she has readybrek in the morning and yoghurts so is generally happy to be spoon fed too. Just need some advise on where to go from here?

MarmiteMagic Wed 15-Dec-10 16:14:14

Totally sympathise as my DD has a sweet tooth too. I've noticed she shows more interest in savory things if they're off my plate and not hers and also if I stay completely neutral and feign indifference.

I also got her used to the taste of certain vegetables by mixing them in with things I already knew she liked. Sounds horrid but chicken with potato, spinach and pear was quite a favourite!

MarmiteMagic Fri 17-Dec-10 17:16:49

Just thought - have you tried roasting the vegetables? Makes most stuff much more appealing.

Or I also puree some veg and use it as a dip for chunks veg she will eat whole - sweet potato, carrot etc

whatsleep Sat 18-Dec-10 20:16:57

have tried roasted veg this week and she loves them, she has now discovered brocoli and cant get it in her mouth fast enough...feels like we are turning a corner at last! thanks for posting, though everyone was ignoring me blush

MarmiteMagic Mon 20-Dec-10 10:53:10

Oh I'm glad you're making progress whatsleep

Unfortunately DD has had a cold this week and will only eat porridge, yogurt and rice cakes hmm

Keep up the good work! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now