Talk

Advanced search

Bibs

(12 Posts)
zebedeethezebra Tue 07-Dec-10 14:52:26

Has anyone found a decent bib?

I'm using the Annabel Karmel one but it leaks water that inevitably gets in there when DS drinks from his cup and doesn't cover enough shoulder. So I have another cloth bib under that and a tea towel under that!

I just ordered a neoprene bib, what a pile of shite that was - total waste of money.

I also tried those ones that have sleeves but they are too difficult to clean and its a pain to have to wash them every time (plus they were'nt colour fast and stained my wash).

I've just ordered a Tommee Tippee one in the Ocado shop - DP will kill me!

I need something which has a decent sized scoop at the bottom, has no velcro (I have a pathological hatred of velcro), wipes clean and does not need to go in the washing machine, and preferably goes quite broadly across the shoulders.

Is there any such thing?

zebedeethezebra Wed 08-Dec-10 11:26:15

Bump! Come on girls, tell us what your fave bib is!

muslimah28 Thu 09-Dec-10 18:47:25

i think you have a lot of things on yr list-maybe youll just have to make yr own for it to meet all thse criteria?! Esp the no velcro thing...

I use tesco sleeved bibs, and yday discovered the benefits of putting a pelican bib on top. I hand wash the bibs every 1-2 meals.

iceandlemon Thu 09-Dec-10 18:52:18

I use sleeved bibs from mum2mum and a tommee tippee pelican bib on top. This combo seems to work well. I do wash the sleeved bib after each use but I guess you wouldn't have to - we've got four so never seem to run out.

BornToFolk Thu 09-Dec-10 19:09:28

My goodness, you're fussy! grin

OK, what about these

mousymouse Thu 09-Dec-10 19:11:05

I have the john lewis full sleved ones. they are brilliant.

The IKEA ones that BorntoFolk linked to are brilliant. They dry really quickly and are waterproof. They also have a pocket to catch split food. And they're cheap grin

zebedeethezebra Fri 10-Dec-10 16:33:05

Yes I know I'm fussy!! grin

Now I've got a tommee tippee one but it won't fold up to take in the changing bag hmm so I'm still not happy!

Montifer Fri 10-Dec-10 16:40:40

I rate the Ikea ones, can be washed and will dry between meals.

DS moved onto rubbery pelican bibs (think they might be Tommee Tippee) when he no longer needed long sleeved protection.
They roll up pretty small for travelling.

zebedeethezebra Tue 14-Dec-10 10:40:21

I tried the tommeet tippee one and DS had taken it off within 30 seconds. Its in the bin now.

Do Ikea do mail order??

Fifilottie Tue 14-Dec-10 15:31:39

wow, my LO goes through so many of them that I have about 30 bibs....any type from anywhere as long as they are cheap as I don't want to spend too much money on something that just is for collecting food....My DD is only 9 months though so maybe she is just extra messy rather than I have an obssession with laundry. I find the ones with the water proof layers are the best as it stops her clothes getting soaked. If you don't like velcro try tie string but I find these very very annoying as slip down.

Personally I would just get loads but cheap ones!!! Does that make me abnormal???

Good Luck !!! :-)

muslimah28 Tue 14-Dec-10 17:39:28

ikea very recently stated doing mail order but they have a ridiculous postal charge for small items, something like 7quid shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now