Talk

Advanced search

Ready Brek, is it ok?

(8 Posts)
Fifilottie Sat 04-Dec-10 10:19:33

HI just a thought.

I normally give my 9 month special baby porridge. Just saw that you can give baby's ready brek..is it ok though? I know that baby porridge seems to have added vits etc in it that might be beneficial for babies. Does ready brek have these, is it very sugery or anything? If all ok think I will try it as these baby porridges come in very small packets and as DD eats more and more it is becoming expensive...

PureAsTheDrivenShow Sat 04-Dec-10 10:24:38

You can give normal porridge to a baby.

Ready Brek is fine though. It's oats, oat flour and then those added folic acid, calcium, iron, b12 etc type things. Probably v similar to special baby porridge.

It certainly doesn't have sugar or salt in it.

I just bought a massive bag of oats and made porridge. I love porridge.

Fifilottie Sat 04-Dec-10 10:27:25

THanks....I will go out and get some then...the days of baby porridge amy well be over!

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 04-Dec-10 10:30:56

Message withdrawn

PureAsTheDrivenShow Sat 04-Dec-10 10:46:39

Generally as a rule of thumb, you can give a child what you eat. Within reason of course. You don't actually need to get things with 'baby' written on them. And pay a premium for it too.

Normal porridge is just fine. And cheaper as Starlight says.

mamma1mia Sat 04-Dec-10 17:58:19

How do you prepare the normal oats for your LO's? Do you add milk or water?

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 04-Dec-10 20:30:20

Message withdrawn

BikeRunSki Sat 04-Dec-10 20:36:12

My HV recommends Ready Brek because it has no addeded salt. DS used to have ready brek with banana at about 8-12 months, now just has ordinary porridge with me. I make it with half milk and half water. I make it quite thick and thin his out with full fat milk to cool it down and get him his milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now