Talk

Advanced search

Tummy trouble and about to start baby rice....advice?

(5 Posts)
MtnBikeChick Sat 04-Dec-10 08:10:30

I am hoping to be starting weaning this weekend ...by which i mean starting with a teaspoon or two of baby rice! Intending to follow the GF weaning plan. I am worried about constipation. My baby has always been very vocal about his poos and gets very uncomfortable and windy if he hasnt pooed for a day or two. He writhes around and cries and strains. When the poos appear they arent hard, however. I am worried that rice will make him worse.....but most people dont advise any fruit puree until a few days in. He hasnt done a poo forna couple of days and as a result woke up in pain twice last night - the firat time he has woken in the night for months!!! He sleeps 7 to 7 normally. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Seona1973 Sat 04-Dec-10 08:12:49

what age is he? There is nothing wrong with using fruit/veg instead of baby rice but I wouldnt be giving anything while he is in pain/constipated

MoonUnitAlpha Sat 04-Dec-10 08:15:11

Are you weaning early? If not then I don't see the problem with fruit.

MtnBikeChick Sat 04-Dec-10 08:27:30

Yes he is 4.5 months and we have been advised to wean early as he is refluxy....i am comfortable with this as i have read the medical advice and position papers.

MoonUnitAlpha Sat 04-Dec-10 08:29:14

Maybe it's worth speaking to your doctor about the constipation and baby rice then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now