Talk

Advanced search

12mth old hardly drinks.... help!

(6 Posts)
corblimeymadam Fri 03-Dec-10 13:31:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cwtchy Fri 03-Dec-10 13:38:39

I had exactly the same problem with my DD at that age, but without the kidney condition so that must be very worrying for you. She is 3 now and I still need to remind her to drink throughout the day.

I let her get on with it to be honest, I just had to rely on the breastfeeds being enough fluid for her, which they must have been as she survived! Does she get the chance to feed on demand, or are you away during the day?

One thing that she did find fascinating at that age was a <whispers> fruit shoot bottle. Something about the cap she liked I think, and she would drink out of that. I swapped it for water though..

corblimeymadam Fri 03-Dec-10 19:57:16

corblimeymadam Sat 04-Dec-10 11:54:02

Jcee Sat 04-Dec-10 14:03:02

My 11mo DD isn't a big drinker and I seem to spend all day encouraging her to drink out of the sippy cup. It drives me mad, but with the added kidney condition, I can understand how worrying it must be for you.

We've had a breakthrough recently following a visit to my sister when DD was fascinated by my niece's straw cup and kept trying to use it much to my neice's horror.

It's one of these and with a few days encouragement, DD started to use it. I've found if I leave it out for her where she's playing, she's now started to help herself throughout the day.

Can't decide if she didn't like the sippy cup or the straw cup, similar to cwtchy's experience, has some novelty value so she has to keep trying it. Might be worth a try

corblimeymadam Sat 04-Dec-10 15:24:34

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now