Talk

Advanced search

Day 2 of baby rice = green poo!

(3 Posts)
flexab23 Wed 01-Dec-10 20:52:51

Yesterday I gave my 26 week old dd (born 6 wks early) her first taste of baby rice really thinned down with ebm and she lapped up about 10-12 baby spoons - success. BUT then at 04.30 this morning I had to change her before continuing the feed as she STANK to high heaven and normally I can't smell anything through cloth nappies. This was followed by 3 more poos that morning and arvo, the final one being bright green!

She has also developed nappy rash overnight and now I've read this could be an allergy or a sign she is not ready developmentally for solids - help! Anyone else had same experience?

She seemed to enjoy eating and has since been watching me eat with interest.

Today I made the rice a bit thicker and she got more on her chin than in her mouth and so far no more explosive poo...before the early morning explosion she hadn't been for 5 days which was unusual as she normally goes every other day. Should I continue or give it a break for a week or so?

Sorry for lengthy message!

LIZS Thu 02-Dec-10 15:49:50

Is it fortified ? Could be the iron content and if you make it thick you may find she gets constipated.

eastendmummy Thu 02-Dec-10 22:29:43

I'm not sure whether she's allergic, but I think that some babies do react when they have something other than bm/ff introduced. Have you tried something other than baby rice? Fruits/veg are all good and if she's able to hold food herself then just cut them into batons and steam and let her suck/chew on them - much tastier than baby rice. I've let DS2 just eat a bit of what we eat since starting weaning at 26 weeks and it's going great - much easier than when I started weaning DS1 at about 20 weeks when I went down the baby rice/puree route. He eats plenty and is enjoying every new thing offered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now