Talk

Advanced search

dropping 11pm feed?

(6 Posts)
MaElsie Wed 01-Dec-10 08:28:00

what's the best time to drop the 11pm feed?

LadyCressida Wed 01-Dec-10 09:31:57

I am worrying about this too so asked my HV who said to wait until DD was on 3 proper meals a day.

DD is small for her age though (5th percentile) so she needs the milk so I am still going with it even though she is 28 weeks now. It's not that inconvenient so figure I might as well...

I guess it depends if they are interested once you've woken them up? (mine still is!)

LifeOfKate Sun 05-Dec-10 12:24:18

We dropped it about a month ago, when DS was about 10.5 months. It just felt like the right time, he wasn't waking in the night for milk like he had been a couple of months before and wasn't seeming overly hungry in the morning when we got up.

RJandA Sun 05-Dec-10 13:00:55

It's whenever you feel they are ready. If you try dropping it and they wake in the night or too early in the morning then you can always bring it back.

We dropped it at about 7 months and she slept through, she was having 3 BLW meals a day by then. I cut down to one boob for about a week, then just stopped it completely.

TheSugarPlumFairy Sun 05-Dec-10 18:11:58

we dropped it when we noticed DD losing interest in her breakfast bottle.

She was 2 meals a day by then and just under 6 months.

ohnelly Sun 05-Dec-10 18:26:17

Hi my DS is 8 months and I am still giving him the late feed. I think he would wake up in the night if he didnt have it - as he always drinks it all! With DS1 I kept giving it until he didnt want it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: