Talk

Advanced search

waking early

(7 Posts)
babyrose Sat 27-Nov-10 14:05:32

my wee one is 26 wks and been on solids for about 5-6 wks and only just 2wks ago did he sleep through the night for the first time with no feeds at all :0. but this wk he wakes between half 5 and half 6 hungry i also increased his solids. now last night he woke for 2 feeds (confused)

Tigresswoods Sat 27-Nov-10 19:52:06

They do this. It takes time,I remember when my DS was 7 months I thought the night feeds would just stop. Stick it out a bit longer and just try to feed well during the day, eventually it will happen... eventually...

babyrose Sun 28-Nov-10 09:39:19

i thought we were fina;lly there after 6 months. i maybe thought it was a growth spurt with him not long turning 6 months

Tigresswoods Sun 28-Nov-10 20:41:26

I was desperate when he was 7 months but he came through it. Some of his friends the same age are still waking at least once though so it is very much a personal thing.

DS has never had a dummy and we tend to ignore noises in the night unless he is beside himself... not sure if these are reasons why he sleeps well but maybe they will help.

babyrose Mon 29-Nov-10 09:25:57

he was only up twice last night and compared to b4 that is brilliant! he has just started rolling over so maybe that was bothering him. he has a dummy but falls out quite alot whilst sleeping and moans for it.

Tigresswoods Mon 29-Nov-10 13:26:52

Ah the rolling! What fun. DS was bothered by this for a while but eventually got used to sleeping on his front and always does now.

Good luck with it all and I am sure things will start to improve soon.

babyrose Mon 29-Nov-10 14:47:57

thanks for the help much appreciated, i hope it does

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: