Talk

Advanced search

weaning stopped due to cold how long to i leave it before reintroducing it?

(3 Posts)
NikkiTwinkle Sat 27-Nov-10 09:42:31

Hi
My DS has a cold and is very snotty hampering her BFeeding, but has refused point blank to eat any solids. We'd been going for about 3 weeks and she wasnt to easy to feed, but we'd had a breakthrough with mixing BLW and the spoon.

She's now not interested in solids and just wants to BF, it's been 5 days since she's eaten any solids, I keep trying her with finger food and spoon stuff but she gets really upset so we stop.

She's happy but very demanding of me as she's so mobile (comando crawling/rolling) I'm feeding her every 2/3 hours day and almost night.

Should I just keep trying her every day? or leave it until the cold has vanished?

She's coming upto 7 months old. Any suggestions/advice?
Thanks
Nikki

sunndydays Sat 27-Nov-10 15:13:27

I'm not an expert at all but I didn't want your post to go unanswered so though I would just give you my opinion. I think you are doing the right thing and should just keep offering it to him every day. Maybe at the same time as you are eating and the same thing (if that is possible?) and he might gradually get more interested. Poor you feeding every 2/3 hours you must be exhausted I hope you don't have a stinky cold too!

MayDayChild Sat 27-Nov-10 18:40:46

Sympathies and I am in exact same boat! I do have same stinky cold as my 5 month old tho! He is a huge hungry boy who has been on 3 meals a day for about 3 weeks! Plus 4 boob feeds and one formula per day!
He has only wanted boob too, perhaps two extra feeds of milk to normal per day but he isn't demanding too often.
I think wait till shes better and watch for the food signals such as reaching for your toast and watching you eat every mouthful. As long as her nappies are still wet etc try to relax.
well, that is my plan anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now