Talk

Advanced search

when to start lumpier foods

(5 Posts)
babyrose Mon 22-Nov-10 10:07:58

my lo is now 26 wks and has been on puree solids for 4/5 wks. when do i start lo on food with lumps?

also im only giving 3 small meals a day when do i increase?

TheSugarPlumFairy Mon 22-Nov-10 10:31:41

when you think she is ready.

We started off with just doing Lunch at about 11.30 then Dinner at 6ish and when she started waking early from her morning nap starving we introduced breakfast.

Re lumps, just gradually increase the texture of the meals you are currently giving her. She will tell you if she cant manage it.

We found mince really good for teaching DD to chew and not be scared of lumps. It is small enough to be able to be swallowed without chewing but it got her used to the feeling of "bits" in her food iykwim.

babyrose Mon 22-Nov-10 10:51:40

just mashed food? we gave lo squashed banana the other day that seemed to go down well.

ohnelly Mon 22-Nov-10 19:22:31

As sugarplumfairy said just gradually increase lumps in food. I started by mashing banana into yoghurt & porridge and mashing potatoes with a fork instead of pureeing it. She will probably spit it out at first then get the hang of it after few tries

catwhiskers10 Fri 17-Dec-10 12:41:00

I weaned dd at 22 weeks, within 4 weeks she was on 3 meals a day, well mashed and by 7 months she was on meat, pasta etc just cut into tiny pieces so she went from puree to lumps quite quickly. If they cant manage, they wont eat it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: