Talk

Advanced search

Best highchair for BLW

(24 Posts)
BornAgainBokononist Thu 18-Nov-10 11:54:48

Ds has got a baby weavers one but the tray is very high and he can't get at the food. Can anyone recommend one?

smellyfeet Thu 18-Nov-10 11:57:40

Stokke Tripp Trapp

tripp trapp, or anything that is just wood. I bought a £100 monster thing and 3 times a day had to take it apart and scrub it. Ikea do a fab plastic one you can just shove in the shower.

CMOTdibbler Thu 18-Nov-10 12:00:31

There are only two real options - the tripp trapp or the Ikea Antilop. Two ends of the price spectrum, but you'll get your money back selling the TT

TheNextMrsDepp Thu 18-Nov-10 12:02:40

CMOT - there is a third option! We had a BabyDan; like a Tripp Trapp but much cheaper.

smellyfeet Thu 18-Nov-10 12:06:05

I find the tripp trapp fits under the table better than the antilop.

Pootles2010 Thu 18-Nov-10 12:16:09

Is there anything wrong with this one? Apparently you can lift tray, and push right up to table.

BornAgainBokononist Thu 18-Nov-10 12:16:57

shock at the price of stokkes, no ikea near me but the BabyDan looks promising, would you recommend it?

TheNextMrsDepp Thu 18-Nov-10 13:15:19

Our BabyDan was fab, did three dcs, and was in constant use for years because it came with an alternative seat-back that converted to a regular chair (remove wooden loop and straps). Lots of height choices so it slotted neatly under our pine kitchen table (no tray, but we wanted to eat at the table together from day 1).

Very easy to wipe clean; every now and then I stuck the straps in the washing machine.

AngelDog Fri 19-Nov-10 09:02:53

Ikea Antilop, definitely. You might be able to get it online.

We wouldn't manage without a removable tray you can wash in the sink.

PaulineMole Fri 19-Nov-10 09:31:44

we had this nice wooden one.
the tray flips back so DC can be sat right up to the table. and it folds away too. loved it.

happygilmore Fri 19-Nov-10 13:43:41

ikea antilop is ace

Indith Fri 19-Nov-10 13:46:16

Antilop. We had a nice wooden one for ds, was a buggar to clean all the bits out of the cacks where it folds etc. He still needed it for the height when dd was weaning so just got her an Antilop and it is wonderful.

SleepWhenImDead Fri 19-Nov-10 15:42:35

We have the Handysitt - only highchair we have ever had for DS1 & DS2. It travels brilliantly but also it is a very neat solution for small houses as it just fits on your normal chair and then you can push the chair right up to the table to eat with everyone. Obviously it doesn't have a bigger footprint than your normal chairs, which was a consideration for me. It's pretty easy to clean, I just put it in bath, shower and then wipe clean. It folds flat so fab to fit in a packed car when going on holiday / to grandparents.

BornAgainBokononist Fri 19-Nov-10 16:52:52

shock shock grin just seen the price on the ANTILOP, was ignoring it as Ikea is so far away but wow! Doesn't seem to be available for delivery and ebay is charging £30!

skippingturtle Sun 21-Nov-10 12:54:25

SleepWhenImDead, did you find it a problem that there's no tray on the Handysitt? I'm hoping to do a mixture of finger foods and mushy stuff and have a VERY small house so wanted to avoid a freestanding high chair.

I've ordered a Phil & Ted's Metoo which clamps onto the table, but am intrigued by the Handysitt. Can the DC's waist come right up to the table?

undercovamutha Sun 21-Nov-10 13:02:55

I have the one Pootles linked to and its great.
I also have a big Graco highchair that I used with DD, but haven't even touched for DS as the mothercare booster is so perfect. Prob not good for VERY young babies, but I used mine from 6mo with DS.

LovingKent Tue 23-Nov-10 18:52:51

IKEA antilop - cheap, easy to clean.

pigleychez Wed 24-Nov-10 17:12:12

Another Antilop fan here

Both DD's have had them.

Bobby99 Fri 03-Dec-10 19:48:23

Ikea Antilop. We had an all singing all dancing super duper posh one from a friend - it was rubbish. A nightmare to clean and too big for DD to be comfortable in. So we got a cheap Ikea Antilop one, which is brill.

DancingThroughLife Fri 03-Dec-10 19:52:10

Another vote for the Antilop. It came highly recommended (by Pigleychez!) and for very good reason.

DD is a bit of a shorty but she can reach right the way to the corners of the tray so she doesn't lose any food.

sweetkitty Fri 03-Dec-10 19:58:06

I. Had a M&Ps huge thing for the first two horrendous thng.

Ikea antilop all the way, how far is ikea do u know anyone near one that could buy and post to you? It would be well worth it.

PutOnThePan Mon 06-Dec-10 13:16:56

I'm using a Safety First booster with a tray.

I would avoid anything wooden at all costs - Weetabix sticks like No Nails to wood!

I've used a Handy Sitt in a local pub and that is fab too

mistletoeploppy Mon 06-Dec-10 14:27:19

Antilop. Get someone who lives near an Ikea to buy you one and bring it over next time they visit grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now