Talk

Advanced search

I don't want to start weaning her...

(11 Posts)
HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 15-Nov-10 02:54:36

I promise I won't actually delay weaning my DD but I actually feel really tearful about the thought of moving onto the weaning stage and can't bring myself to read the relevant books friends have given me, simply because that means my little bambino is growing up. I want her to be the cute little dependent baby she is now, forever more!

Not sure if it is at all relevant but we took years to conceive her and I had a rough pregnancy. Is this normal? Will I feel this at every milestone stage?

2greatboysandabump Mon 15-Nov-10 10:35:36

DS3 is my last baby so I feel very tearful that he's growing up so fast. 24 weeks now so I'll begin weaning him in a couple of weeks as he's showing signs he's getting ready.

I know how fast they grow up so am cherishing every moment smile.

rachael2401 Sun 21-Nov-10 20:59:12

I was exactly the same and resisted feeding DD when everyone was saying she was ready (before 6 months os just ignored them all). Even had cross words with hubby as he made up some baby rice and wanted to give it her but I didn't. Did give her some the next day and have now been giving her some finger foods and baby rice this week. I felt a bit odd as none of my friends seemed to have any issue with their children being weaned so am glad to read your post!!!

bunnyfrance Mon 22-Nov-10 15:43:04

Oh, I know how you feel, but for me it was more of a practical thing. It was all just so easy before I weaned DS, could take him anywhere without even thinking about it, now there's always some sort of meal involved and it's such a hassle!

I just didn't understand other people's enthusiasm for weaning, especially as DS took a good while to get into solids.

It's true they grow up so fast, I just want to hold onto it all!

nickypomtimes Mon 22-Nov-10 15:45:12

I know what you mean.

Ds 2 is my last and I am so proud of having 'made' him entirely myslef (bfing) that I don't want it to end!

seeker Mon 22-Nov-10 15:47:00

I sobbed when mine outgrew their first stage baby seats!

ohnelly Mon 22-Nov-10 19:24:50

I cried when DS2 had outgrown his first clothes as I folded them away!

AngelDog Tue 23-Nov-10 08:08:03

I cried when DS started solids, although I was very excited too. I found it more upsetting than other milestones e.g. him starting to crawl, pull up etc.

LadyCressida Mon 29-Nov-10 11:24:51

I think it's quite a normal hormonal response!
Now that I see DD really enjoying her food I feel MUCH less bad about cutting down the breastfeeding. Before we started the weaning the idea of it really upset me!

Unrulysun Mon 29-Nov-10 11:34:46

I have had very mixed feelings aboutvit - am excited that she's becoming more independent and a but upset that she's no longer all mine (!). It is interesting though that since she's been on solids I have been unbelievably broody. I have never Bern broody before - when we were ttc dd I just felt ready but now I'm obssessed. Stil bfing about a million times a day though so no chance

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 30-Nov-10 03:55:00

Bought DD her highchair on Sat and she loves sitting in it and watching us eating at the kitchen table!

Finally brought myself round to ordering some food freezer container thingys and reading a chapter of Annabel Karmel!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: