Talk

Advanced search

8 month old started being sick after breastfeeds

(2 Posts)
sproutpudding Sun 07-Nov-10 17:06:33

Hello!

My 8-month-old DC has just in the last few weeks started being a little sick about half an hour or so after most breastfeeds. She has never in all her short life done this before as she's a bit of a porker and likes to hang on to her food.

Around the same time, she has started feeding from one breast only per feed except for her bedtime feed when she wants both. She has one formula feed in the afternoon and is never sick after that (bah!).

She's a hearty eater in all respects, on threeish meals per day, and otherwise chipper. It's not a big vomit, more like a posset.

Is my inherently poisonous nature manifesting itself in my milk? Can anybody suggest why this might be happening and what I could do to prevent it? Or is it just a passing phase?

LaTristesse Tue 16-Nov-10 13:37:42

My DS, also 8mo, is doing this too, although not every time he feeds - I have a hunch it may be teething related. Doesn't explain why it doesn't happen after your formula feed though... confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: