Talk

Advanced search

May be stupid question?

(12 Posts)
diva4mgl Fri 19-Aug-05 19:25:38

Hi
DD loves bananas purees and i blend bananas for her. We are going out tomorrow and i was thinking to blend some bananas and put it in the pot to bring with us. Is it ok to take blended bananas couple hours? Or is it not suitable?
May be stupid question, but i just don`t know if it will make my dd`s stomach bad
Thanks girls

colditz Fri 19-Aug-05 19:29:30

I think if you keep it cold it will be ok, if she is used to having bananas anyway.

Gobbledigook Fri 19-Aug-05 19:30:38

I would just take the banana and mash it when you need it (take a fork obviously!). If you take it out of the skin and mash it beforehand it will go brown and yukky.

Gobbledigook Fri 19-Aug-05 19:31:23

I always take bananas with me if I'm going somewhere with a fork and bowl as it's a quick, easy, healthy, snack.

How old is dd - could she manage to much on it as finger food now?

WigWamBam Fri 19-Aug-05 19:31:36

I wouldn't, the bananas start to go brown and nasty really quickly. You could take one with you and mash it with a fork though.

Gobbledigook Fri 19-Aug-05 19:31:49

WigWamBam Fri 19-Aug-05 19:32:15

Great minds, Gobbledigook

LIZS Fri 19-Aug-05 19:33:21

How old is she ? Can you not just mash it when you need it or just before so that it softens even more. If you worry about lumps take a tea strainer or sieve to mash it through. Don't remember ever blending banana.

diva4mgl Fri 19-Aug-05 19:40:03

She is 18 weeks now, and we started having banana and potato purees for only 1 week. She loves banana puree, but it must be very well blended.
I think i better take some jars with me, but she seems like love to have bananas i blended rather than ready made jars. I find them sour than natural taste. She is no stupid
Thnx

hermykne Fri 19-Aug-05 20:37:26

diva
sis u try pear puree with her, just be careful with the bananas and potato - bit heavy and starchy for her wee tummy.
pear and carrot good ones to start with, carrot is sweet, then apple, more veg mixes, have u any books with mixes?

hermykne Fri 19-Aug-05 20:37:53

thats meant to read "did u..." not sis u

serah Fri 19-Aug-05 21:06:45

If she likes her banana really smooth, take the whole banana and a garlic press. It will take a bit of time, but you'll achieve a much better result than with a fork (I only know because I use a potato ricer and they have the same hole diameter - just a bit big to hump around!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now