Talk

Advanced search

double buggy needed for refugee

(10 Posts)
lfpollock Wed 12-Nov-14 13:58:59

Hi, I work with a 21 yo mother with a 2 yo daughter and a 3 month old baby boy. She is living in temporary accommodation desperately needs a double buggy but can't afford one. At the moment she is unable to leave the hostel unaccompanied, as she has two single buggies. If any mums in the South London area (Tooting, Mitcham, Earlsfield, Brixton, Herne Hill areas) has a double buggy which they no longer need and would be willing to donate that would be incredibly generous and make a huge difference to this mother's life

Artandco Wed 12-Nov-14 14:01:15

Could she just get a buggy board for eldest or a sling for youngest? At 2 years they aren't going to be using much and a single makes moving around in London much easier

addictedtosugar Wed 12-Nov-14 14:04:57

will convert 2 sinles into a double if she has 2 umbrella fold style buggies.

WhyBeHappyWhenYouCouldBeNormal Wed 12-Nov-14 14:13:09

double buggies can be so difficult on public transport and in shops - I would recommend a sling for the 3 month old! if a donation doesn't come up - there are 'sling libraries' groups in quite a lot of areas where you can try slings out - maybe they can i help?

See a list of them here - there's loads in london.

ukslinglibraries.wordpress.com/find-a-sling-library-near-you/

tywysogesgymraeg Wed 12-Nov-14 14:14:54

There's a similar gap between my girls. I never had a double buggy. Older girl walked, or baby went in sling and older girl in pushchair.

lfpollock Wed 12-Nov-14 14:32:59

She has a problem with her hip and the doctor has told her she shouldn't carry the baby boy. thank you for the advice

WhyBeHappyWhenYouCouldBeNormal Wed 12-Nov-14 14:57:30

Ah ok - sorry our advice isn't relevant then! Have you tried local free cycle as well?

tywysogesgymraeg Wed 12-Nov-14 18:34:21

I'd still recommend a buggy board though. Much easier than a double buggy.

imip Wed 12-Nov-14 18:46:04

I have a very old phil and teds. It's not in the greatest condition to be honest, it has a slight veer and a bit of a bugger to push, but I was using for two older dcs until about 1 year ago. I couldn't sell it because it is in such bad nick, but if someone is desperate, it could do. I'm not in south London though, east London.

lfpollock Tue 18-Nov-14 11:09:11

Hi imip, the woman I'm working with has had some post-natal health complications so if its difficult to push she probably wouldn't be able to manage it! Thank you though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now