Talk

Advanced search

How much to charge for cakes and drinks at charity fair

(3 Posts)
putri Tue 11-Nov-14 16:22:01

Hi! I am not sure where to post this so I hope I am ok to post here...

We're holding another Christmas fair and last year we sold tea and coffee for £1, 120z cups (the smallest Costa cups are 12oz I think). Cakes were the same price I think and pop cakes were 50p, same with squash.

A couple visitors said the prices were really cheap. So, I am curious what your events charge for hot drinks and cake stalls. The fair was successful. We had about 400 paying visitors coming in through the door. Children were free.

Thank you!

Stopanuary Wed 12-Nov-14 19:11:13

Whereabouts in the country are you and what's the demographic of your likely customers?

To me, your prices sound about right... and it's useful to have those prices as it reduces the 'change' issues!

unlucky83 Fri 05-Dec-14 11:31:50

Really late reply - but I guess someone else might find it in a search!
I agree it sounds about right. Does depend on your demographic etc. What we do (I'm involved in 2 groups) is charge entry which includes tea/coffee, juice, mince pie/biscuits. (£1 or £1.50 for adults, 50p for children seniors). Guess people could take the mickey but generally don't.
We didn't this time but in the past for things like Macmillan Coffee Mornings we have not charged entry. And not priced drinks or cakes but asked for donations instead. In our experience people were more generous then - we raised more money, but that does depend on your demographic I guess. And also they were events more aimed at adults I can see that confusing children or - with some of them having a skewed idea of costs - thinking 10 cupcakes for £1 was a generous donation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now