Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for charitable projects for children

(5 Posts)
EauRouge Wed 22-Oct-14 20:49:12

Hello, posting here because I'm not really sure what to google to find ideas.

My DD1 loves getting involved in anything where she can help people. She's only 6 so while fundraising is one way to give to charities, she'd love to do something a bit more tangible. We're doing the Rucksack Project to help homeless people and we've also thought of putting together a hamper for a local animal shelter but we're a bit stumped for ideas after that.

Has anyone got any ideas of what we can do or maybe a better idea of what I should google to get more ideas? Obviously we will check with charities first to find out what they need, we won't just be barging in with loads of junk.

Thank you.

Nerf Wed 22-Oct-14 20:50:44

Ask for donations of arts and crafts for the local hospital.

EauRouge Fri 24-Oct-14 10:22:11

Thanks, that's a good idea. I've also thought about something for a residential home, maybe a bit of gardening or setting up a bird table.

TryingtobePrepared Thu 30-Oct-14 14:07:06

Could she learn to knit and make innocent smoothie hats to raise money for age uk www.ageuk.org.uk/get-involved/events-and-challenges/the-big-knit/. Or make cakes / biscuits to sell like a Macmillan coffee morning? Is she involved in any performance type things, could she get involved in a show to raise money or put on a small show with friends at an old peoples home. All ideas I've done with guides or brownies. By the way what a lovely thing for her to want to do flowers

Leeds2 Sun 09-Nov-14 17:39:54

Could she do a sponsored event of some description, and choose a charity to donate it to? I'm sure if she wrote a letter saying what she had done, and you sent a cheque for the amount raised, the charity would acknowledge receipt so that she would know "officially" that she had contributed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now