Talk

Advanced search

Skyrim...any other players out there?

(36 Posts)
00100001 Mon 21-Jan-19 19:28:11

I love this game!

ScrunchyBook Mon 21-Jan-19 20:22:52

I've just restarted this! I played it endlessly on my 360.
I got it on Xbox one for Christmas, it's so great (although I have less time to play now with 2 year old twins)

WeirdAndPissedOff Mon 21-Jan-19 20:50:04

Arrived late to the party and started playing just over a year ago. Not played for a few months now, but been toying with the idea of getting back into it.

goose1964 Tue 22-Jan-19 23:25:05

I'm now playing my way through it on the Xbox one but I started Dawnguard too early and I'm trying to level up as I don't have enough majicka to do the spell I need to enter the college

TheAmusedBosmer Sun 03-Feb-19 21:22:07

I found my people! Or mer! grin love this game, especially now that I have it on pc and can mod the shit out of it until it breaks blush yay!

Harveyrabbit76 Sun 03-Feb-19 21:24:18

Me! Anyone play ESO too?

HopeAndJoy16 Sun 03-Feb-19 21:25:04

I broke DH's Xbox playing too much Skyrim blush we still haven't got round to replacing it, but it's probably a good job otherwise nothing would ever get done in the house! I got a bit obsessed with it

TheAmusedBosmer Sun 03-Feb-19 21:30:11

I have eso but I don't think I've given it enough of a chance yet. I keep getting distracted in the starting zones hmm I only bought it cos I wanted to see the khajiit and bosmer provinces blush at this rate I'll never get there!

DaedricLordSlayer Sun 03-Feb-19 21:34:59

binary! yes I love Skyrim but haven't play for it in a couple of years as playing ESO. But I do have Skyrim VR to play but have to prise the VR off ds2 so not had chance to get past the intro but it's fucking Amazing!

DaedricLordSlayer Sun 03-Feb-19 21:41:21

TheAmusedBosmer for my first character in ESO I didn't do anything I should, at level five I join a guild then travelled to players all over map and went exploring did most of my levelling up between anchor and a boss in mal a tor. collecting the title daedric Lord slayer at level 20 grin

00100001 Mon 04-Feb-19 12:00:30

my DH has been hogging the playstation playing Fallout 67 <pouts>

00100001 Mon 04-Feb-19 12:00:37

76!

00100001 Mon 04-Feb-19 12:02:01

I'm going back to it tonight... might post some screen shots :D

DaedricLordSlayer Mon 04-Feb-19 13:24:19

how far along are you? I know how to get the houses for free, but you need to have the right amount of money available though.

00100001 Mon 04-Feb-19 16:45:49

oh, no i paid for my house sad

I think I'm only level 18 or something... just a newbie really

iklboo Mon 04-Feb-19 16:46:58

I used to play Skyrim. Until I took an arrow to the knee grin

Hedgehogblues Mon 04-Feb-19 16:51:23

as I don't have enough majicka to do the spell I need to enter the college

I think you can use your shout for this as well?

MephistophelesApprentice Mon 04-Feb-19 16:53:12

I've played it through twice, once on 360 then again when they released the version for the One with all the mods.

Playing through with modded skill lists was incredible, even better than before. My girlfriend is playing through, but she won't start the main quest until she's finished every single side quest - not even the big ones, just the 'miscs'! It's been almost two years!

DaedricLordSlayer Mon 04-Feb-19 19:47:29

iklboo grin

Don't worry binary the next house you buy you can get for free, you have to stand in a certain place where you can talk to purchase your house but also with a side glance open a cupboard, you initiate the conversation that you want to buy X house, then open the cupboard and stash your cash, the game registers you have enough money, but doesn't notice it disappear mid sentence so the transaction then completes, after all the dialog you just open the cupboard and take your cash back out smile Oh and save the game just before incase you dont manage to do it first time.

MephistophelesApprentice if your girl friend hasnt triggered the drangons in the story line yet, she could collect loads of shouts from the Dragon mountains without getting killed.

ScrunchyBook Mon 04-Feb-19 21:27:57

I'm now playing the Xbox One version and there is a Mods tab in the menu but tbh I don't really know what they are, apart from a PC thing. Is it worth clicking on it? (Sorry if that's a daft question). Would I need to start a new game?

TheAmusedBosmer Mon 04-Feb-19 21:37:00

Ooh are you talking about the house in whiterun Daedric? Never knew that grinThis game is full of surprises and the replay ability is great with mods! Not just for new land/quests/ apple retextures, but bug fixes!! (RIP Xbox 360 character- game breaking bug meant I couldn't finish the main quest sad)

DaedricLordSlayer Mon 04-Feb-19 21:42:28

all the houses Bosmer grin although one of them(might be Rifften) you have wait until night time then wake the steward up and use his bedside table to stash the cash, you can also get all the furnishings and extra rooms the same way too.

I'm really itching to get going on the the VR now!

LancashireTea Mon 04-Feb-19 21:43:19

I've found my people. I gave birth to the soundtrack blush

I've not played in ages, but have completed it in full about 3 times, including the dawnguard expansion etc.

Currently addicted to Assassin's creed origins, although I'm very near to the end of this.

DaedricLordSlayer Mon 04-Feb-19 21:46:13

ScrunchyBook on PS4 you can add and remove mods anytime during the game, so should be the same for Xbox hopefully smile

TheAmusedBosmer Mon 04-Feb-19 21:52:43

Scrunchybook modding is so much fun!! I recommend a mod called the unofficial elder scrolls patch, it fixes shit loads and the person that made that mod also makes other awesome mods that aren't too crazy. Have fun, if you decide to go for it. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »