Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo Switch: is it worth it?

(5 Posts)
moofolk Sun 16-Dec-18 21:02:16

Just that really. They are well pricey but DS has his heart set on one, mainly because he wants to play Mario Odyssey. I bought all 3 of my kids Nintendo 2DS XL last year. All still happy, but one wants an upgrade (or rather wants this as well).
I'm worried it's not really worth the money, when he has something similar already. We also have an Xbox 360 which they mainly play Lego games on.
Also he knows I've said no to it and so has asked for it as a "Santa Test. Then we'll see if he's real won't we mum?" Little bugger.
So is Mario Odyssey (and whatever else comes next) worth the £300 it will cost to set up a Switch?

OP’s posts: |
jellyandsoup Sun 16-Dec-18 21:05:36

We have one and Mario oddessy and it is brilliant

MincePieMum Sun 16-Dec-18 22:21:07

We don't have Mario Oddessy but DS loves the Switch. We don't have any other consoles though, just an iPad. He plays Mario party mostly. I don't know about other games but you can only have 2 players on Mario Party, unless you get another Switch for 2 more to play. With 3 kids, that would be a fucking nightmare!!

TokyoSushi Sun 16-Dec-18 22:24:13

We have one, it is worth it, they're really good!

moofolk Mon 17-Dec-18 09:16:36

Thanks for the advice. Their dad really wants one which means I can't have an impartial discussion with him about it!

Yes @Mincepiemum the three-kids-sharing dilemma is a nightmare but with xbox we have a timer and they rotate which 2 play.
The only game we have all on at once is Mario Kart on a really old console (N64) which they all love but anything with better graphics / more complex is no good on the 4 way split.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in