Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for games for a boy gamer in Y9 (PS4) ?

(9 Posts)
NameChangerAmI Tue 11-Dec-18 00:59:52

He has asked for Red Dead Redemption 2 (which he won't be getting) and Black Ops 4 (unsure tbh).

Is there anyone who has let their son of a similar age have Black Ops 4?

Interested to hear everyone's opinions on Black Ops 4 for this age group. I know it's an 18 and all that, but there are bound to be younger Dcs out there who will be playing it. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
mamaduckbone Sun 16-Dec-18 20:38:03

Our 13 year old has black ops 4 on the strict condition that he has the gore and swearing turned off (there is a setting for this). I was VERY anti, but dh talked me into it as a former gamer himself and tbh it’s no worse than fortnite, just a bit more realistic.
The trouble is we’ve opened a can of worms now because he sees no reason why he shouldn’t have red dead redemption for Christmas and I don’t feel good about that at all.

FortniteNinjaVBucks Wed 19-Dec-18 13:25:50

Honestly, B04 isn't really gory at all and while yes there is swearing what medium that doesn't have that.

FortniteNinjaVBucks Wed 19-Dec-18 13:27:08

Honestly, there should be no issue with a kid trying to get into mature games as long as they can show they can handle mature themes there is no reason not to let them have it.

CoreyFox Wed 19-Dec-18 14:25:13

get hin RDR2 black ops 4 and Grand Theft Auto 5 (or 6 if out)

BahHumbugz Wed 19-Dec-18 14:26:16

My 14 year old has red dead 2. I've sat with him and it doesn't seem so bad.

It's just a game.

goldengummybear Thu 20-Dec-18 12:24:26

My boys played Black OPs under age as do many of their classmates. When the chat is streaming through the TV I often here primary school children playing too. Personally I'm not bothered by my boys playing it when they are secondary school aged. They aren't violent in real life and don't have consoles in their room so aren't staying up until silly o clock and affecting their studies. The sound of them talking on headsets is annoying but unfortunately unavoidable these days.

HardAsSnails Thu 20-Dec-18 12:28:21

Dp plays Red Dead, it's mostly horse riding from what I can see.

HardAsSnails Thu 20-Dec-18 12:30:22

To add to that, ds (Y11) describes it as a 'dad game' grin

Ds says that Bloodborne (rated 16) is the best game ever.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in