Talk

Advanced search

Gaming pc bundles

(4 Posts)
thewalkers Sun 04-Nov-18 16:04:25

Could anybody please point me in the direction of gaming pc bundles with some links. My nearly 13 year old has been asking for a gaming pc for Xmas,but I'm so un technology its proving hard to work out what to get.
It's just an idea at the moment as I don't want to pay over £600 so if it's not worth buying one for that price I will look into something else.

OP’s posts: |
DragonmotherKhaleesi Wed 14-Nov-18 18:50:01

Hi, I can't help I'm afraid but I'm in the same boat.
I've spoken to cyberpower and pcsolutions and they have quoted a couple of different packages.
I think you'll struggle for £600 to get anything with a decent processor or graphics card.

thewalkers Mon 26-Nov-18 18:20:19

Thanx dragon,yea that's what we have figured. It's looking more like £600 just for the tower,so closer to £1000 all in.

OP’s posts: |
safariboot Tue 18-Dec-18 01:52:30

From a quick skim of some sites, yeah, looks like a budget gaming PC is usually around £600; an AMD or Intel quad-core CPU and a GTX 1050 graphics card seems typical.

Do beware of "gaming" PCs sold that have either no graphics card or a very poor one.

Peripherals shouldn't come to anywhere near £400. I'd consider getting a monitor second hand - mine cost me 50 quid from cash converters, it's a bit small but it's 1080p and does the job.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in