Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Spyro the Dragon

(17 Posts)
GrapesAreMyJam Sun 18-Feb-18 20:47:39

My sister and I were bought this game back in 1998 when it came out from our parents for Christmas (I was 8, she was 5), and we both loved it, and still do.

I've recently watched BrownMan's live play through of the game and am excited for confirmation of the rumours of a remaster of the original game this year. However, I hope they can keep some of the notable features such as the music!

Anyone else?

DeleteOrDecay Fri 23-Feb-18 01:12:45

Me! I loved the original Spyro Trilogy and cannot wait for the remaster. I'm more excited about it than I was for Crash Bandicoot!

cheshiremama89 Fri 23-Feb-18 01:22:52

Omg is this true?!
I adored Spyro!

SuperBeagle Fri 23-Feb-18 01:40:08

I've heard that it'll be exactly the same, but in better quality, and possibly with additional scenes/challenges which were left out of the originals.

I am SO excited. My best friend and I spent countless hours playing Spyro as children.

ChocolateAddict93 Fri 23-Feb-18 01:40:50

I so hope this is true....I was obsessed with this game!! 🙈 ever since they released Crash Bandicoot I've been wanting them to release this.....not that I have enough spare time to play like I used to haha

GrapesAreMyJam Fri 23-Feb-18 15:49:24

I got DP to get my old PS1 out of the loft so I could play last night. I was so happy!

WhatsGoingOnEh Tue 06-Mar-18 00:45:42

WHAT??!!!! OMG this is the best news ever! Spyro 1, 2 and 3 were my all-time favourite games. When it changed into the awful fighting rubbish, I was devastated.

Are they really coming back? And not in that awful Skylanders crapness? So excited!

Rockerfeller Tue 06-Mar-18 00:49:13

Spyro gateway to glimmer was immense!

GrapesAreMyJam Tue 06-Mar-18 05:00:07

I think I read that there may be an announcement this month regarding a remaster for the 20th anniversary. But yeah, it's supposed to be the original games

DeleteOrDecay Thu 05-Apr-18 15:34:34

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/05/spyro-the-dragon-remaster-screenshots-title-release-date-seemingly-leak

No official announcement yet but this pretty much confirms it!

GrapesAreMyJam Fri 06-Apr-18 05:14:08

I'm really excited. Now have to convince DP that I really do need a PS4 as a Christmas present

DeleteOrDecay Fri 06-Apr-18 13:57:45

It was officially announced shortly after I posted. This has made my year.

I cannot wait.

GrapesAreMyJam Fri 06-Apr-18 14:53:18

My DP bought me Spyro 1 and 2 for my birthday a fortnight ago as my old, original copies were from 1998 and scratched to hell. So he bought me ones that were in better condition and it was great playing it again.

Cannot wait for the remaster!

GrapesAreMyJam Tue 12-Jun-18 22:35:36

Has anyone seen the new Spyro footage from E3?! It looks amazing!

WhatsGoingOnEh Wed 13-Jun-18 07:51:00

No! I'll look it up. It was my favourite game till they changed it to that ridiculous fighting version.

So excited!

IsAnyoneElseMissingCheese Wed 13-Jun-18 07:53:50

The preorder has been active for a few weeks now, I'm so excited haha!

www.amazon.co.uk/ACTIVISION-88237EN-Spyro-Trilogy-Reignited/dp/B07BXMWG8L?tag=mumsnetforum-21

GrapesAreMyJam Wed 13-Jun-18 08:03:53

The footage looks great. I like how the gems and enemies are in the same places. The music sounds very similar too, so everything is just updated. Hoping for some Spyro 2 footage too.

I'm getting impatient now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: