Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I need a game to suit us both!

(8 Posts)
TheFrenchLieutenantsMonkey Mon 04-Dec-17 11:35:28

My DH is an Xbox fiend! He plays mostly Saturday/Sunday mornings and an hour or two on an evening when I put the kids to bed until about 9 or 10pm. While he plays (alone or online) I feel a bit lonely. I've tried to understand the appeal bit I can't get into the types of things he plays. I want to be able to maybe have a game that we'd both like so I can play maybe once a week with him. But I need a game we'd both like. You see I don't mind games but I'm more of a Nintendo 3DS type person. He likes Halo, Assassins Creed, Wolfenstein (What he's playing at the moment) I'm more a Zelda, Super Mario, Puzzle type person. I liked Portal. Is there anything anyone can think of that might let me game with DH?

MephistophelesApprentice Mon 04-Dec-17 11:41:14

Ooh, that's tough. My girlfriend and I are looking for something similar. Are you looking for something competitive or cooperative? Would you like to play split-screen on one system or would you consider buying another? (Too few companies make good splitscreen games at the moment).

WeeCheekyBird Mon 04-Dec-17 11:45:52

Have you tried co op rpgs? Something you can work together on but without the action mechanics? My husband and I have gamed together for years and games like Sacred, Diablo, etc are good for couples...unless youre likely to fall out. What kind of games do you play? Are you more casual or are you comfortable picking up a pad and getting stuck in?

AtrociousCircumstance Mon 04-Dec-17 11:45:54

And I hope he is wracking his brains trying to think of ways to join in with things you like doing too?

Thought not.

TheFrenchLieutenantsMonkey Mon 04-Dec-17 20:05:42

TO be totally honest I'm a bit lost when it comes to gaming. All I really know is that I can't tell which game hes playing as they all seem remarkably similar to the untrained eye, and he gets very involved.
I'm willing to have a go at anything that isn't too horror like. He enjoyed playing Alien but I wouldn't want to feel like i was waiting for something to scare me as well as trying to beat the boss.
I think i need something with a clear goal at the end. Any suggestions for RPGs will be gratefully received.
To be fair, he would try things I like doing if i asked him to.

WeeCheekyBird Mon 04-Dec-17 23:07:50

In my opinion, best games for couple gaming are Diablo 3 (action rpg), divinity original sin (turn based rpg) even call of duty has an online split screen if you want to play that kind of thing together! There is a website called co-optimus.com has a good list of games and lets you know what is couch co op and what is system link. Even the lego games are fun to mess around on and they're definitely not scary 😉

TheFrenchLieutenantsMonkey Mon 04-Dec-17 23:42:42

Thank you that's really great! I showed him this thread tonight and he got all excited that I wanted to join in. You wouldn't think he was 42 grin think we'll spend tomorrow night nosing about his Xbox gold games and see if there's anything there. And maybe have a jaunt to the shops at the weekend.

WeeCheekyBird Tue 05-Dec-17 10:18:55

Haha I hope you find something! Have fun! 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now