Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

X Box One S or X?

(5 Posts)
tangerino Mon 30-Oct-17 06:21:44

I’m buying my son an X Box One for Christmas (he currently has a 360).

Can anyone advise on the pros and cons or getting an S or X? The S is much cheaper (good as I need to replace the controllers too). On the other hand, I’m worried that, if I go for the S, we’ll soon find ourselves in the same position as we are now with the 360 (limited functionality on games etc) so maybe it’s worth paying the extra?

I’m not a gamer and pretty clueless so any help very gratefully received.

Oblomov17 Mon 30-Oct-17 06:34:32

What you can afford.

X box 1 S with FIFA 17 thrown in, about £100

X box X = £449 - higher spec, faster, for gamers.

Errr. We went for the S!!

milkysmum Mon 30-Oct-17 06:56:46

Oblonov where did you get x box 1 for around £100? Dc both want an x box for Christmas but when ive looked online the 1 is showing around £260?

Honkyzeke Mon 30-Oct-17 06:58:02

If you can afford it the Xbox one x, as far as I know it’s pretty amazing if you’re a dedicated gamer it’s backwards compatible too so Xbox 360 games should work on it as well I’m sure a list of compatible games is available online.

Oblomov17 Mon 30-Oct-17 07:59:50

Milkysmum, Dh was lucky. He had been scouring the internet, Amazon, eBay, etc for a long time.
Then one came up on Facebook selling, in the next town to us. Opened, but as new. With fifa 17. Even then, Dh is ruthless and He bid him down from £120 to £100. With Dh promising to bring cash the same day. So we did!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: