Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

The Sims

(36 Posts)
cheeseandbiscuitsplease Sat 28-Oct-17 19:56:47

I have never played this before but I think I would like it. Is it best to play on iPad or xbox360. What should I start with? I quite like the idea of dressing the characters etc. Don’t know where to start though! Xx

eyeswideshit Sat 28-Oct-17 19:58:23

Best played on the pc in my opinion. Waiting for pets to get released. I need sim dogs and cats in my life.

Caulk Sat 28-Oct-17 19:59:16

PC I think too. It’s addictive though, beware!

HerRoyalFattyness Sat 28-Oct-17 20:00:46

Needs to be played.on a PC really.
Just get the Sims and start with a one person family. Make your character look how you want and get on with it. (Just a single person is easier than meeting the needs of a whole family, so better for beginners)

pinkmummy1 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:01:46

I've been playing this game since I was a kid when the game first came out. I recommend playing on your laptop. But I have found the Xbox games and FreePlay app jest as addictive. I only wish I had the time now.

NoSwsForYou Sat 28-Oct-17 20:02:37

I've played it in its many forms since I was a teenager but am sticking with sims 3 ATM. I didn't play for years and now I'm hooked again!!

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sat 28-Oct-17 20:02:49

Definitely on a pc. And yes, just start with one sim, it takes a bit of practice to get the hang on managing a household.

Thiswillbemyusername Sat 28-Oct-17 20:02:56

As PP have said, it's a far better PC game that any other platform. The games come with limited clothing options, so you can download custom content online if you play on pc.

imnottoofussed Sat 28-Oct-17 20:03:00

Definitely on the pc or laptop but you need quite a good one to meet the game specifications. Ours is struggling at the moment. Waiting for cats and dogs too grin

Blueemeraldagain Sat 28-Oct-17 20:15:18

I play on my mac laptop. Have tried a few other versions and they don't hold a candle to the PC version. I play sims4 currently.
Nerd Alert
I've set myself a challenge of producing a family tree from A to Z. So Amy and Aaron had Beth, she had Charlotte, Charlotte had Darcey and Darcy has Edward.

Auspiciouspanda Sat 28-Oct-17 20:16:50

The Sims 4 is coming to PS4 in November, im very excited 😊😊

Babababababybel23 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:19:10

I refuse to play it now on the grounds that as a teen I was addicted to playing it and I'm terrified I will be sucked in again confused

eyeswideshit Sat 28-Oct-17 20:24:10

Yes it's very addictive. I've gone a couple of days with no sleep and nothing to eat before blush

Fruitcocktail6 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:27:14

I have PC version of sims 3, I've been playing it since i was about 10! I have no interest in sims 4 though, I haven't heard good things.

Marble2302 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:37:44

I love the Sims. I play Sims 3 on PC it's the best platform smile

Marble2302 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:37:48

I love the Sims. I play Sims 3 on PC it's the best platform smile

NoSwsForYou Sat 28-Oct-17 20:58:14

Oh god I've just just femembered I had a special 'sims' notebook where I recorded my families details. IT must have been the sims 2 because I was swapping between households... It was like a family tree.

Rheged Sat 28-Oct-17 21:00:04

It’s great but very addictive. I’m on a self-imposed ban since I lost way too much time to it in my earl 20s.

DeleteOrDecay Sat 28-Oct-17 21:19:07

PC will always be the best experience but I have enjoyed the console versions in the past, The Sims Bustin’ Out On PS2 was a favourite of mine years ago and I also enjoyed the Gameboy versions, however they are not the same as the PC version - they tend to be more goal/story based rather than an openworld/sandbox version like on PC.

There’s a new console version coming out in November which might be worth a look if you don’t have a decent laptop or PC to run it on.

cheeseandbiscuitsplease Sat 28-Oct-17 21:19:58

So do I buy a disc? Sorry I’m not tech savvy at all. Can you tell? grin

DeleteOrDecay Sat 28-Oct-17 21:21:18

You can buy and download it digitally. You just need Origin, which is basically Electronic Arts’ version of the App Store. If you go on the sims official website it should walk you through it.

user1494815704 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:24:18

So addictive! Best played on pc

EmmaLou3422 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:35:16

I started playing this when I was 11 and I still play it now at 27, I’ve lost so many hours of my life to this game 🙈 it’s best played on the PC, but I have played it on an Xbox and it’s still good.

Fruitcocktail6 Sat 28-Oct-17 21:49:39

You can buy a disc of download Origin and you can buy them online through it.

Thiswillbemyusername Sat 28-Oct-17 21:53:01

@Fruitcocktail6 I have plenty of good things to say about the Sims 4 grin I loved Sims 1, was completely addicted to Sims 2, couldn't get into Sims 3, but Sims 4 has really kick started my interest again. It reminds me a lot of Sims 2, but if you asked me why I couldn't give you an answer! It's just the feeling of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now