Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nintendo switch - worth it?

(12 Posts)
klip Sat 08-Jul-17 11:47:27

I've been wondering about this for a while, is it worth it or a bit of a gimmick really? I can also see there aren't many games yet.

(I used to love Zelda on the NES so that might be a good one. I'm a big fan of elder scrolls on x-box, and know that's coming later this year).

Criminail Fri 14-Jul-17 17:38:23

I thnik you need to wait until autmn and some new realses and then make your decision.

PandoNoPants Sat 22-Jul-17 05:37:28

Nintendo had a great line up at E3 in June, lots of great games in the pipeline.

Personally, I'm having the same dilemma and I think I might wait for deals in the run up to Black Friday/Christmas.

I did this with the Wii U (my least played console) and Xbox One. Although I got pretty good deals on both, I hardly touched them.

I can't remember the full details but I know Elder Scrolls VR is coming to PS4. I'm not sure if Nintendo will go down the VR route if that's something of interest to you.

If I do get a Switch, it will probably just be for Zelda. blush

Majora Sun 23-Jul-17 15:48:28

I adore mine tbh. Splatoon 2 sealed it for me, and the promise of a new Pokemon game coming for it at...some point.

PosyBear Mon 24-Jul-17 09:15:08

I am just in a kind of limbo waiting for Mario Odessey. Come October, I'll have the console and the game and I'll be DELIGHTED.

MrsGWay Mon 24-Jul-17 11:25:20

I love mine, but as I prefer handhelds it is perfect. I got it at launch and have spent over 200hrs just on Zelda. We also have Mario Kart, Lego, Tetris and some indie games. Today I'll be playing Splatoon 2.

The only reason not to is a lack of 3rd support due to the limitations of the system.

sunisshininghot Sun 30-Jul-17 17:13:42

Have got one for dd for her 12th bday last month managed to get on amazon now all out of stock

GavelRavel Thu 03-Aug-17 13:28:05

I've just ordered one for teh kids to give me for my birthday in September, somewhat against my better judgement and it feels like just th eother day I bought a WiiU. Also, I have a Gamecube and N64 gathering dust that I really must get rid of!

What sold it fo rme was Zelda and Mario Kart 8. My eldest is glued to the PS4 (currently have PS4 and WiiU on the go, Wii eventually died) but the absolute most fun we have as a family is multiplayer session on Mario Kary 7 and NintendoLand. I just can't resist Nintendo smile

Also it is fairly "cheap" for a new console.

BuildersBum Sat 12-Aug-17 14:47:54

We got one day of release.
Get's loads of play.
We all love it.

OH takes it out and about.
DD plays on her own or with friends.
We take it to people's houses and play party games.
We took it on holiday and hooked it up the TV.

Only fault (& it's a minor niggle) is teh kick stand, but our case acts as a stand and we have an ipad stand that works really well.

Best console we've ever had.

Eringray Sun 01-Oct-17 17:14:30

I used to have one. I gave mine away because I just could not plan my day with it. I get so addicted playing it and half of my day is gone and my work at home was piled up. I get so tempted to play Tetris, Mario, Othello but holding my self.
IMO its good to have it if you have the time for it.

LittleLights Sun 01-Oct-17 17:31:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flomper Sat 28-Oct-17 13:27:06

We've got one, its brilliant! best console ibe seen for a long time, especially for famillies. Even the eldest deigns to pkay it as well and hes normally welded to his PS4.

I particularly like the switch functionality, it moves between gaming on the tv and the portable function being able to take the game with you in the car etc and carry on playing. There are also many more games suitable for under 12s which work for us (than the Ps4 and xbox)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: