Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help with Gaming pc

(12 Posts)
RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Thu 06-Apr-17 21:28:37

This is probably in the wrong place

Ds2 (13) wants a gaming pc

At the moment he has a pretty good laptop but its just not cutting it in the gaming stakes

Any recommendations? That dont cost a couple of grand

Thanks

AveEldon Fri 07-Apr-17 08:05:03

Try these guys www.scan.co.uk/3xs

They do value and high end gaming pcs and laptops
You can buy ready made or you can customise your options

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Fri 07-Apr-17 08:09:18

Lovely thanks ave

JigglyTuff Fri 07-Apr-17 22:53:05

Chill last are brilliant

JigglyTuff Fri 07-Apr-17 22:53:33

Chillblast even. Stupid autocorrect

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Sat 08-Apr-17 09:43:47

Thanks jiggly

WankersHacksandThieves Sat 08-Apr-17 09:45:50

DS1 and I built his gaming PC and he upgrades it all himself now. Happy to give any tips smile

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Sat 08-Apr-17 09:49:19

May need that thanks wankers

I got ds2 to see what games dont work on his computer and tell me the minimum requirements

Dh was going to novatech where our basic machine was 'built' as thats on its way out as well

Notsandwiches Sat 08-Apr-17 09:53:57

My son had a gaming laptop built to his spec by alieneware. At the time he loved it but stilll 'outgrew" itand then went on to build his own computer. Sounded difficult to me but he was 13 at the time and it didn't take long.

Seqkat Sat 08-Apr-17 09:54:06

I second the chillblast recommendation - their desktops are very reasonable, components are customisable so you can adjust to suit your needs (and they then check that what you've chosen will actually work...), but in particular their customer service is excellent. My pc from them had a couple of issues, and while it was in warranty they picked it up, replaced parts, and returned it on a schedule designed to fit around my holiday for my convenience! Even after the warranty finished they provided ongoing support for a necessary upgrade. I'll definitely get my next pc with them too.

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Sat 08-Apr-17 09:57:47

That's excellent

Thank you very much

FatherOfOneDadOfThree Wed 24-May-17 13:44:50

IT Technician here. Happy to help if needed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now