Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

World of Warcraft - massively frustrated!

(7 Posts)
Purplebluebird Sat 18-Feb-17 08:52:26

Hi there!
Never thought I would post here about WoW - none of my friends know that I play it.

Anyway, I am Guild Master in a lovely, semi large guild. I promoted someone I thought was nice and friendly in the summer, to be raid leader and help me expand (we were a social guild before this). Over the months, he's become more and more bossy and "power hungry" for lack of better words. He was insisting he should be called Co-GM, but I refused and he is now "lead officer" (compromise, he wants to be higher up than the other officers hmm)

He has told me who he wants as officers - it was only me and him for some time. I have agreed to everything he has suggested and asked, thankfully I also liked all the people he has suggested for officers. One officer has now left due to his attitude (my way or no way). I completely understand it.

However we have a disagreement. We used to be an age 20+ guild, as that's what me and the other members prefer. He argued it down to 18+, I said I would compromise on the rule going down, but I said then that I absolutely will not agree to taking in actual children in the guild. This is our one basic rule, and it's the ONLY thing I ask to decide. He is now arguing with me, because he thinks it will get us a better/bigger raid team if we also include children. He calls me a dictator for saying no - yet tbh he's the only one behaving like one...

What can I do?

Minniemagoo Sat 18-Feb-17 08:57:10

Dump him.
Suggest he leave and start his own guild.
You leave and start a new guild with any members who want to go with you.

Or is there some WoW stuff preventing any of the above.

Tried it a while ago as it seems like something I would like but just didnt get past the start up.

Purplebluebird Sat 18-Feb-17 09:12:15

Easier said than done tbh - I really like all the other people in the guild, but if the whole raid team followed him, it would fall to pieces sad

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Fri 03-Mar-17 01:32:27

No do not allow him to lower the age limit further. I have been in guilds where they allowed all ages and the amount of rage quitting whiny teens who thought they would get a free ride like in lfr made me want to tear my hair out. You will not get a better ckass of player. The oppositecwill happen. You will get leeches and drive your goid raiders away. Voice of bitter experience from more than 1 raid force and raiding guild.
You are gm ffs grow a back bone and say no. No further discussion. Take it or leave. It sounds tbh like more of the guild are more laid back like you and just dont want to rock the boat. I think you will find he has less support than you both think. People just did not want to get their heads shot off for going against him. They will be gkad to see the back of him and evasive if he demands they quit too.
If a lot leave. Recruit more. Have an application process and trial runs and retailor the guild the way you want it. People come and go all the time and guilds only implode if the gm stips recruiting and gives up on it or if it turns into a cess pool guild who accept anyone and everyone.

Purplebluebird Fri 03-Mar-17 07:54:51

Thank you for good advice! We came to an agreement and I "won" basically, so it's better now. He said I must tell him if he comes over as a bit of a control freak (which he often does). It's settled down for now, but I have started recruiting more social members, as if it came to him and the raid team leaving, we'd just go back to being a social guild, as we used to be before. I am struggling leaving an abusive relationship at the moment, so wow has completely taken a back seat for the next month or so (though I still am online for a while every day).

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Fri 03-Mar-17 16:04:25

Good to see a resolution (btw sorry for the typos blush was typing on my phone in bed)

Purplebluebird Fri 03-Mar-17 16:13:08

Haha, that's ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now