Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Final Fantasy XV anyone?

(8 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Mon 05-Dec-16 19:43:44

I can't be the only one playing this can I?

Plot's holey but some of the holes scream optional DLC later, and I was always terrible at the Kingdom Hearts style combat but I'm still enjoying it - plus the car audio shameless fanboy service is fantastic!

PandoNoPants Fri 09-Dec-16 17:55:58

I'm playing it too. I stupidly ordered the limited collectors edition. For the price, I thought the season pass might be included...nope!

I do like it but my one gripe is that I usually play mage type jobs. I'm still getting used to spells being items etc.

I'm not too far into the story yet because I keep doing side quests grin

BeyondUnderthinking Sat 11-Feb-17 16:40:13

<not reading!!>

I had it for xmas but need to finish world of final fantasy before I start it smile

NoctisLucisCaelum Tue 14-Feb-17 20:52:57

Got it for Christmas and loving it. DH and I have played them together since FFVII. Just nc'd in its honour. Reckon we are about half way through.

Wristy Thu 16-Feb-17 21:30:07

I've finished it, and I have to admit I felt a bit meh after. The story was excellent but I wish they had put all the backstory in somehow (I don't like the idea of having to watch a film and then an anime to find out who/what/why when it could been part of the game all along).

I have a bit of a love/hate thing with Final Fantasy now. I still insist on playing them but I've probably not really enjoyed one since FFX (I even enjoyed X-2)!! Still can't wait for FFVII remake though!!

CrispyWonTon Sun 26-Feb-17 16:18:54

Started this recently, don't get as much time to game as I used to but do enjoy having something the size of a Final Fantasy or Persona on the go rather than lots of shorter games. Quite enjoying the change in direction for this one even though I'm normally a bit of a traditionalist and have become a little obsessed with Idris and his recipe book (there's a re-edit trying to make real world versions of his recipes)

BlueberryMarshmallow Sun 09-Jul-17 00:42:12

I was so excited for this but I just couldn't get into it. The driving just bored me and it felt really empty. I was gutted because I normally love final fantasy. Square Enix rescued it with Nier automata though which I thought was amazing.

PandoNoPants Sat 22-Jul-17 05:27:17

Update and approaching 400 hours of gameplay. I love XV grin ..going to KupoCon next Feb too. Apart from timed quests, I just need to get the snowmobile trophy from Episode Prompto. Like Blitzball in FFX, apparently I'm also crap at driving a snowmobile!

Completed NieR: Automata "flowers for machines" ending. Continuing with that however, I'm really in love with Persona 5 at the minute blush ..glad I waited for it to come back into stock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now