Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pokemon Go #5. In which Grimer runs a Muk and gets slapped round the chops with a Flappy Fish.

(926 Posts)
DoctorTwo Thu 01-Dec-16 17:59:57

Will one of you lot start the next thread when it gets to about 970ish posts. I'm going to get moaned at again, I can feel it in me water.

PossumInAPearTree Thu 01-Dec-16 18:11:41

Place marking.

Lilaclily Thu 01-Dec-16 18:36:45

Woo new thread !

I just sent ds out with an incense on to catch a nearby onyx, our first !

EnidButton Thu 01-Dec-16 18:45:36

<Casually placemarking>

NamelessEnsign Thu 01-Dec-16 18:45:53

I am seriously beginning to regret team yellow. We can't hold a gym here for more than a few hours. Is it the same everywhere?

EnidButton Thu 01-Dec-16 18:48:26

I'be only ever seen one gym held by yellow around here. They were quite low so considered taking it but I left it as I felt so pleased for them. fblush

NamelessEnsign Thu 01-Dec-16 18:49:31

Enid you are my new favourite Pokémon-er wink

YesThisIsMe Thu 01-Dec-16 18:53:08

I think I'm going to defend the new "nearest" system. I know it's annoying and a bit dispiriting that you don't see the Pokemon who spawn away from Pokestops on your screen, but surely that was almost never actually useful? since the chances of tracking them down without further clues were tiny. So we've lost a useless feature and gained a feature which is sometimes really really useful (albeit not so much for rural Pokemoners). I've caught one Pokémon on my list today already and if I'd had more spare time I could have snagged another one off my Pokedex.

DragonitesRule Thu 01-Dec-16 18:53:39

Hello pokegoers!
Haven't posted before but do lurk for tips! Currently level 25 so not doing too badly! Team mystic for us (share account with DS(7)

YesThisIsMe Thu 01-Dec-16 18:56:04

My two local gyms were solid level 10 yellow for weeks but since the rebalance they've lost them. A quick check on the 5 I can see from my kitchen gives me 4 blue and 1 red at the mo.

MuddlingMackem Thu 01-Dec-16 19:15:11

NamelessEnsign, a lot of gyms near us go through all three teams in the space of each 24 hours. grin

nuttelladreams Thu 01-Dec-16 19:35:25

Hello all grin

LumpySpacedPrincess Thu 01-Dec-16 19:57:42

Shiny new thread, nice one.

SoupDragon Thu 01-Dec-16 20:14:56

Place marking smile

Natsku Thu 01-Dec-16 20:19:30

I regret choosing blue, red and yellow rule my town now.

TallulahBetty Thu 01-Dec-16 20:21:51

Neeeew threaaaaad

CantstandmLMs Thu 01-Dec-16 20:33:35

My local gyms change hands between blue, red and yellow equally I think. All I know is (I'm blue) I can hold 3 just enough to claim coins but they are taken less than half an hour later by red or yellow but return to blue again later that evening...and repeat!!

Annoying but hey ho I try and claim a few coins a day weekdays and it suits me ok.

JellyWitch Thu 01-Dec-16 20:39:05

The yellow team is strong in these parts. They have both gyms in a neighbouring village and a few outliers too. They are organised - I can take down one of their L8 gyms and it's back up within 24 hours. I have met three of them too and don't suspect spoofing. That's said, blue is strongest here and the reds don't get a look in!

TeaPleaseLouise Thu 01-Dec-16 20:46:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeedlesHatOfDisappointment Thu 01-Dec-16 21:01:39

I caught a Rhyhorn on the way to pick up ds from nursery today. On 45 candies now, so close to evolving it. Considering swapping walking buddy to get it (currently have graveller (

RueDeWakening Thu 01-Dec-16 21:08:20

<marks place> I'm not playing much at the mo, in the middle of an MS relapse so not able to walk much. Still no ditto, either.

NamelessEnsign Thu 01-Dec-16 21:27:21

jelly that's interesting - I have never seen a yellow stronghold. It's mostly blue here like the politics.

Sorry to hear about the MS rue. That must be sucky for all sorts of reasons.

The title made me smile DoctorTwo.

EachandEveryone Thu 01-Dec-16 21:31:36

Mines not showing stops or anything whats going on?

PickAChew Thu 01-Dec-16 21:31:40

I just managed to link to this one in the last possible slot in the old one!

WildNightsWithAndyDay Thu 01-Dec-16 21:36:53

Me and a couple of other school mums are blue. All the kids that play at the school seem to be red. They always get it to red before school, then after drop off we get it back. I don't think they've figured out it's a bunch of the infant school mums yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now