Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can I ask the gamers about recorders and microphones?

(7 Posts)
Chewingthecrud Sat 19-Nov-16 11:51:38

DS is asking for Xmas for a recorder and microphone tonuse with his iPad mini.
He does little stamps syle recordings of him on games (doesn't put them on you tube or anything).

I am CLUELESS so would appreciate any advice.
Few family are clubbing together for this so no specific budget

Many thanks

Chewingthecrud Sun 20-Nov-16 23:09:57

Anyone with any insight? I'm completely at sea!!

gamerchick Sun 20-Nov-16 23:12:03

No idea so I'm bumping. Does he have a preference?

Mittensonastring Sun 20-Nov-16 23:17:09

Google " hot to record gaming on I pad mini" There are a few YouTube instructional videos on how to do this. Personally I don't play I pad games so don't know myself but find IT review stuff super easy to understand on you tube.

Mittensonastring Sun 20-Nov-16 23:17:52

How not hot, damm the typo.

ProlificLurker Sun 20-Nov-16 23:22:15

I'm not sure about iPad recording as my ds uses a pc, but he has a Blue Yeti microphone which is apparently very good sound quality. At the time, I thought it was eye wateringly expensive but he has had it over a year and uses it every single day for both recordings and talking to his friends online. He's quite a bit older than yours though and does make YouTube videos. I think he heard about it from another Youtuber so maybe have a search for videos about what equipment various people recommend, iyswim.

Hope you find something to suit.

My task this year is to try and find a decent stand for it as its too heavy for the cheap stands hmm

ProlificLurker Sun 20-Nov-16 23:23:12

X-post with mittens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now