Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommendations for one-off console gaming session

(7 Posts)
toomuchtooold Mon 11-Apr-16 12:25:57

For my upcoming 40th I've asked my DH to take the day off work and play video games with me. But I don't know what to play! I'd like to play something collaborative that we could make satisfying progress on in a 2-3 hour session. I'm thinking Portal 2, but would love to hear any suggestions from you guys. I've got a PS4 and xbox 360.

Thanks!

imwithspud Tue 12-Apr-16 16:01:58

I'm currently playing The Last of Us, which is single player, but plays a bit like a movie so it's entertaining for others to watch too. There are also a lot of stealthy bits, which involve some thought in terms of whether to try and sneak past or shot & run. I sometimes find my dp's input helpful for these bits.

toomuchtooold Tue 12-Apr-16 17:04:00

Oh I've heard of that one, it was supposed to be really good. Thanks for the rec!

imwithspud Tue 12-Apr-16 17:31:30

It's brilliant, it took me maybe an hour or two to fully get into the story but I'm hooked now!

TrionicLettuce Thu 14-Apr-16 23:07:02

DH and I have recently been really enjoying playing Diablo III together on the PS4. It's really entertaining and so much fun coordinating skills for maximum carnage grin

Alien: Isolation is another we've really enjoyed. It's a single player game but it's still really fun to play with two of you there. We just tend to hand the controller over to the other when the tension gets too much!!

Some of the Lego games are great fun, we love the Star Wars ones (mostly the original trilogy), Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, Marvel Superheroes and the Lego Movie game.

crazycatdad Tue 19-Apr-16 08:01:58

I would go with Portal 2 to be honest, hard to top it. smile

Niloufes Thu 21-Apr-16 17:24:18

My wife and I played Heavy Rain together. Its was great. Whenever there was a character change the other would take over the controller.

Portal 2 could work but only for a bit... don't want to spoil it for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now