Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

where to sell xbox 360 games?

(6 Posts)
sydenhamhiller Tue 26-Jan-16 14:53:46

Hi - am slightly out of my comfort zone, so I am turning to MNetters for help as usual. smile

DS (12) is going on a World Challenge school trip in 18 months and is expected to raise a considerable amount of money for this himself (and rightly so). I suggested selling some of the many Xbox 360 games he never plays with any more (a lot of Lego Batman, Marvel, Lord of the Rings etc), but not sure of the easiest way.

I would like DS to do as much as possible, so photographing/ uploading/ wrapping/ posting 22 different games for Ebay is never going to happen. Are there any companies out there you can recommend? Someone mentioned Musicmagpie to me. Any others? I thought about the GAME shops, but I think they give you credit to spend in the shop, which is great, but he needs cash towards the trip. Any tips are gratefully received!

AveEldon Tue 26-Jan-16 18:07:42

Cash converters will buy them and there is another similar shop but I can't remember the name
You will get more money on ebay though
Facebook selling also worth a look

Angeladelight Tue 26-Jan-16 18:10:04

You could sell at cash converters and CEX but you'd be lucky to get more than a pound per game at best with these places. EBay is probably best bet as will make you a bit more money in the long run and I think music magpie won't make you a lot of money either. Stumped for any other quick easy solutions though, sorry!

Xexyz Tue 31-May-16 10:50:59

Try advertising them on games forums like rllmuk - you won't make eBay prices there but you'll get more than Cash Convertors will offer.

NewStartNewName Tue 31-May-16 11:16:22

Music magpie, quick and easy

Floralnomad Tue 31-May-16 11:21:21

You can check the prices that they will give you online with CEX and music magpie so see who gives you more .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now