Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

WWE 2K 16- why a 16?

(3 Posts)
RosieLig Wed 23-Dec-15 09:32:29

Hi

My 8 year old really wants this game but it's rated an age16. I've looked online but can't see any explanation of why it's rated so high. Obviously there's fighting in it but surely no deaths or anything too gruesome?

Normally I'm super strict about age ratings but I'm a bit confused about what to do here!

Can anyone shed any light? Thanks!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Dec-15 14:49:05

Had a quick Google for ya. Looks like it's rated "Teen" which is generally between 10 and 17? Looks like there's a bit of blood, fighting with weapons/objects and some swearing.

MetalMidget Thu 24-Dec-15 19:52:05

It's pretty much standard that anything with realistic graphics that features human on human violence will get a 16 PEGI rating - the WWE games used to get a 15 rating when they used the BBFC ratings (same as films) years back.

If you're OK with the WWE in general (with large sweaty men hitting each other with bins and chairs), you should be fine with the games.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now