Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Xbox games recommendations for eight year old?

(10 Posts)
Bouncearound Wed 14-Oct-15 17:10:55

Dd is eight and loves mine craft. He's asked for a new Xbox game for Christmas but doesn't know what... Whilst I appreciate his naïveté I am looking for advice on games he would like- anyone have any recommendations?
He also has some Lego games that he likes but isn't into FIFA etc and wouldn't be allowed anything rated above his age smile

atticusclaw2 Wed 14-Oct-15 17:13:50

disney infinity 3.0 (star wars) or 2.0 (marvel) plus some extra characters, lego dimensions and the new skylanders.

Those three would keep my eight year old DS happy for months.

If I had to pick just one I'd do disney infinity 3.0

MadeMan Mon 19-Oct-15 20:13:26

If you mean the Xbox One then this could be a good bet for him; some classics in there and it's a good price.

www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-14457-Rare-Replay-Xbox/dp/B00ZFNLHK4/

ImCatbug Mon 19-Oct-15 20:30:23

Just a warning about Rare Replay (link that Made posted), there's a game on there that was originally an 18 rating and has been altered slightly to fit a 16 rating.

Bouncearound Tue 20-Oct-15 14:36:01

Thanks, this is useful and think skylanders might prove popular. Disney infinity looks good too so will subtly check with him!

It's an Xbox 360 (he doesn't appear to realise there is any other kind of Xbox yet...)

MadeMan Wed 21-Oct-15 00:59:37

Looking through my 360 collection, these would probably be suitable if you can find them.

Viva Pinata for Xbox 360 is a really good game that might suit him if he likes slower paced games.

Child of Eden in my opinion is best played in a dark room with the lights off. smile

Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Horizon are fantastic driving games.

Bouncearound Fri 23-Oct-15 15:17:19

Thanks for the tips.

Am torn between Lego dimensions and Disney infinity... What is the consensus on these? He is Lego mad but also loves Star Wars... His favourite Xbox game is mine craft closely followed by Lego Star Wars!
My DPs are going to buy some extra characters for whichever one we go for but I can't make my mind up blush

MadeMan Sat 24-Oct-15 00:38:13

If he's Lego mad then perhaps the Lego Dimensions would be better than Disney Infinity, although according to this recent review on Eurogamer you may have to spend a bit of money.

I have no experience of either Infinity or Dimensions, but would imagine that both are similar products.

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 24-Oct-15 00:48:09

What about a wrestling one?

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 24-Oct-15 00:48:12

There is a new Minecraft game being released 30th October, it is not Minecraft as we know it but a walkthrough type story book type game based on minecraft. That's what DS also aged 8 is getting for Christmas. Plants V Zombie's is also very popular with DS and all his friends. The New Skylanders is good as it is backwards compatible with all the previous figures from the other Skylanders so you can pick up some really cheap figures 2nd hand which DS prefers to new characters anyway as you get all the upgrades etc the previous owner earned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now