Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need a recommendation

(6 Posts)
hedgehogsdontbite Tue 28-Jul-15 21:34:50

I need a bit of guidance from experienced gamers on what to play next.

I'm a complete amateur and only certain games catch my interest. So far I've only been obsessed with really played Tombraider and WoW. But I'm getting bored now. I downloaded Diabalo earlier but didn't like it. It's a bit too creepy for me.

I like the easy repetitive nature of WoW. I can watch TV at the same time which is great. And I like having to figure it out nature of Tombraider. But neither one requires great skill and I hate having to interact with strangers.

Anything you think I might like?

Ashvis Wed 29-Jul-15 09:17:16

Which platforms are you using for games? Think you might like the Uncharted games but they're only on playstation. Might also like some Elder Scrolls games (cross platform), Witcher 3, Far Cry. I haven't played the Fable games since I don't have an Xbox of any sort, but from what other have told me about them, might be up your alley.

Have you looked at Twitch? You can watch people streaming games live so you can get a good idea about whether or not you'd like it. Or YouTube for some older games as well. I miss the days you could rent a game for a couple days to decide whether you wanted to buy it or not!

hedgehogsdontbite Wed 29-Jul-15 10:14:28

I'm an old gimmer technology wise. I have a playstation 2 and a pc, although I can borrow others to try if I need to.

depositdonut Wed 29-Jul-15 10:52:32

I liked The Cave but am not 'a gamer'. Downloaded it.

hedgehogsdontbite Thu 30-Jul-15 15:05:46

I'm going to take a look at all the ones mentioned. Thank you.

BreakingDad77 Thu 30-Jul-15 15:22:02

There is a lot of good stuff on Steam which is a portal to download games for free or paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now