Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Xbox one vs 360

(7 Posts)
PeppermintCream Mon 13-Jul-15 21:12:16

The DC's want an Xbox. I'm torn between getting a cheapish second hand 360 or making them chip in for an Xbox one. Any advice?

princessvikki Tue 14-Jul-15 18:46:11

I don't know a great deal about it , despite my hubbys constant going on about hissmile but I do know that a lot of new games won't be made for 360 so if you intend on buying new games rather than older versions I would say go with the one.

PeppermintCream Tue 14-Jul-15 20:50:40

Thank you. You make a lot of sense, I'm just trying to justify the expense!

unaddfwyn Tue 14-Jul-15 20:56:47

Depends if they would be playing recent games bearing in mind they will be quite expensive.

If you get Xbox Gold, you get free games each months on each console. On the 360 though, it tends to be good quality older games. The Xbox One does not get many good free games because there's still money to be made.

You can also pick up 2nd games mega cheap for the 360.

If you use Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, 4od, Iplayer etc., you could invest in the Xbox One as a media centre? 360 does this too but not as good imo.

PeppermintCream Tue 14-Jul-15 21:46:26

Thank you. It think we're going to go for the newer model. Hopefully, it will stay current for a few years (she wrote optimistically..)

princessvikki Wed 15-Jul-15 07:34:35

It should do, it hasn't been out for long. I think I may come home to find my husband has brought one , he's traumatised his beloved fifa won't be available on the 360 after this year

Preciousbane Thu 16-Jul-15 22:09:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now