Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Am I missing something with FIFA 15? Why is it free?

(4 Posts)
speedyfingers Sat 06-Jun-15 13:19:02

We recently downloaded FIFA 15 onto our ipad for our 8yo DS.

But I am concerned. Why is it free? I am worried that there are in-ap purchases that my DS will stumble across and inadvertently buy. We have had a good look through it, and can't find any. All 'purchases' seem to be paid with virtual money that you make as a player of the game.

Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad with this game?

Thanks!

chipsandpeas Sat 06-Jun-15 13:46:50

just had a look at it on my iphone app store and it does have in app purchases, you can buy points for a reason i have no idea what you would use them for
so id disable in app purchases on the ipad and dont let your DS know your itunes password

speedyfingers Tue 09-Jun-15 15:10:17

Thank you, chips and peas!

SevTSnape Thu 11-Jun-15 16:22:53

There are in-app purchases, but you can buy things with coins earned in game as well.

The FIFA 15 game on iPad is basically just one section of the full game on console called Ultimate Team - you collect players from packs and you play teams to earn coins, which can help you get more players. This process can be sped up by buying in game currency with real money. But it is just as enjoyable without paying real money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now