Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Minecraft Help!

(8 Posts)
Loulou000 Sun 28-Dec-14 17:18:55

Hi everyone. My DD was given money for Christmas to buy Minecraft, and I downloaded it on my laptop. And oh my, we are having such a horrible time trying to figure out what to do.

There seem to be no instructions, and if I google stuff I get a million arcane instructions that make me even more confused.

DD, who is 8, is sad and frustrated, and I'm ready to throw the laptop out of the window. Am I missing something? Help please!

TrousersRoastingOnAnOpenFire Sun 28-Dec-14 17:23:22

Okay first things first, you need to work out how to move around, and how to break up blocks. Have you got that far?

ignominious Sun 28-Dec-14 17:33:03

Been teaching granny today and she liked this one http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Your_first_ten_minutes or would you prefer a video?

ignominious Sun 28-Dec-14 17:33:56

These videos are good but she didn't like his voice https://minecraft.net/game/howtoplay

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Dec-14 17:46:07

Put it in survival mode so you don't get killed by a zombie.

Loulou000 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:52:14

Oh that's brilliant, thanks a lot, I will look at those instructions tomorrow.

Trousers we worked out how to move, and punch trees. Got that far! I don't think we know how to break up blocks, though, or what blocks are.

Thanks Viva eventually we worked out to put in Creative mode which I think means we don't have to fight at all, is that right?

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Dec-14 20:15:49

Yes, no fighting.

You break up blocks by repeatedly hitting it with your hand. Takes ages at first. But after breaking up some trees you get wood and then make a wooden sword/stick. Then you use this to break stuff up and it gets quicker and you can break harder stuff. You then keep upgrading until you get stuff to make shovels, metal swords, etc.

You need to make a crafting table.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Dec-14 20:17:55

look here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now