Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any suggestions for games for Xbox One for 10 year old please?

(8 Posts)
shinny Wed 19-Nov-14 06:51:43

Im not going down the COD route and can hardly find any games that are pitched to kids below 18. Beginning to think we should have got the 360 as there's so much more choice.
We have a racing game and a football one plus minecraft. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

I read a review on Angry Birds and it slated it so Ive steered clear of that.

Any help is much appreciated.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Wed 19-Nov-14 06:55:15

Any of the Lego games will be good quality and age-appropriate. There are Star Wars, Marvel Superheroes and LOTR ones out for the 360.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Wed 19-Nov-14 06:58:38

Oh sorry - misread your post. But there are a couple of Lego games for the xbone - marvel superheroes and Hobbit.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Wed 19-Nov-14 07:02:29

Rayman Legends had great reviews as well and is a 7+

shinny Wed 19-Nov-14 11:06:47

Thanks will check those ones out

ImNotReallyHere Thu 20-Nov-14 11:36:30

I've just popped over here from the Xmas chat as I'd posted a similar thread on there. I know what you mean as I hadn't realised there were not many games out when we got ours and I too wish we'd got the 360. Most of his class have COD but I'm not keen.

All he has so far is Trials Fusion (which is great) and Minecraft. Suggestions on the thread I posted are FIFA, Forza <(Driving game), Lego Movie, Lego Batman. And I know my DS has mentioned Worms once.

I like the sound of The Hobbit.

Zazzles007 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:47:04

Go to this site www.commonsensemedia.org and you can do a filter on XBox1 for 10yrs and under. It also reviews the games, but I have no idea how useful or realistic the reviews are. Have a look and let us know grin

And the filtered page for Xbox1, under 10yrs is, and lists 19 games:

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/reviews/age/10/category/game/platform/xbox-one-4534

HTH

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 24-Nov-14 10:49:44

Des only has the 360 but spends all his time playing Minecraft & Fifa 15.

The marvel superheroes game hasn't even been unwrapped.

He did used to enjoy the Star Wars games on the play station if they are available on Xbox. Some are 12 rated but were fine. I didn't allow anything 15 or 18.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now