Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help! What accessories do I need for the Wii U?

(7 Posts)
Ilikeyoursleeves Wed 12-Nov-14 21:27:18

Hi, I have just ordered the Wii U for my kids Christmas. It comes with the actual Wii and a gamepad but I think that's it? I have two kids who will want to play it together, can anyone tell me what accessories I will need? I would love them to just open it and play it on Xmas day so I want to make sure we have everything we need. Thanks smile

RubberDuck Wed 12-Nov-14 21:30:02

We got a pro controller as well as that's nice to use (and gives you a second controller). I also like to use that and the little screen/gamepad when the TV is in use smile

If you have old wii remotes for the original wii in the house they can be used too, which is good. Came in handy for our four-way Mario Kart extravaganza grin

RubberDuck Wed 12-Nov-14 21:33:07

Also - you're going to have a fab Christmas. We're console addicts in our house (have a Wii, a Wii U, two Xbox 360s and an Xbox One) - I love the Wii U, I think it's a much underrated console.

Can recommend Zombies U for when the kids are in bed (DEFFO not a kid game - I can barely play it if I'm alone and it's dark outside - very creepy but good fun and ever so well written).

Ilikeyoursleeves Wed 12-Nov-14 21:37:51

Thanks, can I ask what a pro controller is?! We are console virgins so don't have the original wii or anything else. It's all gobbledygook to me!

RubberDuck Wed 12-Nov-14 21:43:32

One of these: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009ACALCQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1415828517&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Ilikeyoursleeves Wed 12-Nov-14 21:53:28

£38!!!shock

What about the remote controllers and nunchucks? What do they do and what ones do we need? Thanks.

RubberDuck Wed 12-Nov-14 22:14:41

To be honest, I'm less sure about those - I just used our old ones. Official Nintendo ones probably wont be much cheaper than a proper Wii U one. Third party ones will be cheaper but with more risk. Hopefully someone else will jump on the thread to recommend smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now