Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Xbox 360 or Xbox one...?

(5 Posts)
AnnaK Fri 24-Oct-14 09:46:42

DS is 10 and want to upgrade his old wii. Should we get a 360 or a one? My understanding is that if he wants to communicate with friends, they all need the same platform. Can the 360 games be used one a one? Many thanks!

ilovepowerhoop Fri 24-Oct-14 14:30:23

no you can't use the 360 games on the xbox one and there arent that many xbox one games about especially for children. I would probably go for the 360

gamerchick Fri 24-Oct-14 14:35:24

Stick to the 360 for that age.. There are a lot more games.

No backwards compatability annoyingly. I'm irritated I'm being forced to upgrade.

Zazzles007 Fri 24-Oct-14 21:27:39

Can the 360 games be used one a one?

Doesn't the 306 have the facility to 'host private parties', where you only have invited friends into the game to play with you? Just a did a quick google and you seem to be able to invite up to 7 guests to watch movies, play a game, chat etc. You would require unlimited internet access as consoles seem to suck up a lot of broadband.

HTH

AnnaK Thu 30-Oct-14 16:42:10

Really appreciate your input. Have persuaded ds in the direction of a 360 on the grounds that his friends have one and if he chooses a One he won't be able to communicate with them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now