Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Dragon Age Inquisition

(54 Posts)
weeblueberry Sat 30-Aug-14 17:47:44

Anyone else seriously excited?

I am seriously excited.

Zazzles007 Sun 31-Aug-14 04:01:27

Yep, I am, but I need to go play Dragon Age II first grin.

weeblueberry Mon 01-Sep-14 15:42:41

It won't take you long. In fact I reckon you could manage it in a few evenings its depressingly short.

newnameforanewstart Mon 01-Sep-14 15:45:23

I am stupidly excited loved origins, awakening the DLC etc. HATED with a passion DGII. Really hoping its as good as DGI the size of the maps seems almost incredible.

Zazzles007 Tue 02-Sep-14 07:14:52

Ah Blueberry, I don't have high expectations for DAII grin, just need to catch up to the story so far. Am really keen to get DAIII when available. I think EA really made a mistake in rushing out DAII in the wake of the success of DA:Origins, and deservedly, was roundly panned by critics and fans alike.

As an aside, I've been playing Child of Light (if anyone is looking for a game they can play with the kids, 10 yrs+). Very charming and engaging enough for an adult with beautiful water colours for the artwork.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 06-Sep-14 12:30:36

I'm excited, I love DA. I'm still annoyed that Bann Teagan wasnt a love interest.

weeblueberry Sat 06-Sep-14 20:21:48

I did wonder when you might turn up Tali wink

weeblueberry Sat 06-Sep-14 20:23:14

Oh also Zazzles try and go into DA2 with an open mind. Don't compare it to DAO and try and just take it as a game unto itself if you can. Its very very different but is still a good game, honest. grin

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 06-Sep-14 21:37:21

Lol, Am I that transparent Wee

Zazzles007 Sun 07-Sep-14 02:15:20

Yeah I intend to enjoy DAII on its own merits, rather than comparing it DAO, as that is a surefire way to ruin the experience - don't want to do that.

Had a look at DAIII on youtube - looks good!

georgiad Thu 11-Sep-14 13:51:30

Whyyyyyyyy have they delayed the release tho!
I miss my Varric sad

georgiad Thu 11-Sep-14 13:54:27

Oh! And I agree with blueberry, try to keep an open mind for DA2. It's depressingly short, they repeat locations and all fights feel the same. but the story is pretty damn good and the characters look beautiful. Keep an eye out for Fenris and Varric - their my favs xxx

Fav DA characters everyone???

weeblueberry Sun 14-Sep-14 17:21:12

Definitely have a soft spot for Fenris. I'm pretty sure 90% of that is his voice actor though!! grin

georgiad Mon 15-Sep-14 12:12:44

Agreed. That voice makes me blush!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 29-Sep-14 00:52:40

Oh Fenris makes me shiver when I hear that voice and I like Bann Teagan too. Oh and stupid sexy Anders.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 29-Sep-14 00:56:10

Fenris voice actor grin

FeckTheMagicDragon Mon 29-Sep-14 01:25:48

Very very excited about it. Just replayed Mass Effect trilogy ( the DLC they added make the last one far more satisfying) and nothing is filling the gap. Cannot wait!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 29-Sep-14 02:40:39

Feck Who did you romance? If you dont say Thane, you are a heathen.

weeblueberry Mon 29-Sep-14 15:41:33

I've yet to romance Thane purely because, having played all three before I considered it, (I'm a kaidan girl myself...) I know there would be many MANY tears if I did!! Don't know if I can put myself through that lol.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 29-Sep-14 15:54:24

Wee Its like a emotional punch in the gut, I blubbered like a baby, bloody bioware and their love of devastating us fangirls.

weeblueberry Mon 29-Sep-14 17:28:00

You can then imagine how much I'm preparing for romancing Blackwall in DAI given how THATS likely to turn out.

sob

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 29-Sep-14 17:38:06

We must harden ourselves to such things, no matter how horrid it gets.

FeckTheMagicDragon Wed 01-Oct-14 01:16:15

Thane, of course I romanced Thane! Kaiden was just too bloody wet for my taste. I did consider Liara, but it just didn't feel right (am just too boringly straight- even in virtual worlds)

But I DID manage to boink Vega, after playing through as a renegade who wasn't up for any romance (Citadel DLC). Ohh those arms! It was just a one night stand though. Shame smile

Miss that game ...

FeckTheMagicDragon Wed 01-Oct-14 01:21:54

In DA I romance Alistair, even though he dumped me to become king, because I was a half elf. Twat! The only reason I put up with the man child was to become Queen! Next time it was Zevran, and obviously Fenris smile

TaliZorahVasNormandy Wed 01-Oct-14 07:20:08

I romanced in ME AND DA:

Jacob
Thane
Kaidan
Alistair
Zevran
Fenris
Anders

Who I really wanted to romance:

Any Quarian, more so Kal'Reegar or Han'Gerrel(He has such a sexy voice) Quarians look proper dirty in bed.
James Vega (Not just that Citadel DLC get him drunk you stay sober shit)
Joker
Bann Teagan
Loghain Mac Tir
Ser Gilmore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now