Talk

Advanced search

Vegan/GF Breadmaker Recipes

(3 Posts)
Synecdoche Mon 30-Dec-19 20:45:17

I'm looking to buy a breadmaker with some Christmas money to make both regular and GF bread.

I've had a look at some with GF settings, but the recipes included in the booklets all use milk and/or eggs.

Does anyone use a breadmaker for vegan GF bread? Can you recommend any particular models or recipes?

I just don't want to shell out for a machine and find I can't use it! I can spend between £150-200.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations please!

pastabest Mon 30-Dec-19 20:56:12

I think you are probably best off just giving up on bread as a concept grin. Sorry.

From experience, the only decent gluten free bread recipes tend to have egg or milk or butter in. Anything else is basically inedible and a bread machine won't fix that. I suppose you could always try substituting egg with aquafaba but it might be one compromise too far.

Synecdoche Mon 30-Dec-19 21:18:08

I can make a decent GF/VG loaf by hand but was hoping I could mechanise the process! One recipe uses aquafaba so that's a good shout. Do you know if 'by hand' recipes equate to machines? Bread would be a really useful addition to my diet, so fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »