Talk

Advanced search

The Vegankind Supermarket

(5 Posts)
cricketmum84 Sun 29-Dec-19 13:44:44

I would like to order a few things to try? Vegan cheese for definite burgers a few other little food items.

Does anyone order from there or have any recommendations please?

I mainly eat plant based and can't have quorn as it upsets my stomach but would be great to find some new products!

BF888 Sun 29-Dec-19 16:35:36

I’ve never ordered from vegan kitchen, I do plan to, I just find as I avoid soya and mushrooms it’s almost in everything so I’ve got to sit down and look at everything first, which can be hard with plant based diet as it’s filled with it.

I have some recommendations, I tend to make a lot of things from scratch as I’m fussy and don’t always like long lists of ingredients in packaged food but these I’ve tried, and repeat purchased.

I would recommend the Gosh veggie sausages, they no longer agree with me but I used to enjoy them. You can make sausage rolls with these too, I useS jus rol frozen pastry block. They have recently brought out cocktail size of the sausages. They also have other products but I’ve not tried those.

For vegan cheese the better one I’ve used is violife, I don’t like the look of the block but I have had both the grated and the slices and both are good.

I can recommend Waitrose spinach ravioli, they also sell clives pies which are lovely. Waitrose also do a sweet potato Katsu curry, it is more of a side but I find it ample with rice, this isn’t in the vegan section in store it with the other Asian meals. The wicked kitchen margarita pizza and almighty green pasta salad at Tesco. If you like croissants and pain au chocolate then there is a company called La Boulangere that offer vegan options and I get these at Sainsbury’s.

For chocolate truffles booja Booja.

If you need any meal ideas just let me know.

cricketmum84 Sun 29-Dec-19 16:54:54

Ah thanks @BF888 that would be great!

I seem to have fallen in to a constant rotation of chickpea curry, lentil chilli, mushrooms and jackfruit lol. Really struggling for inspiration for meals!

I'm not a huge fan of tofu but never tried sietan. I quite like the gosh and cauldron products and anything veg based.

I've also just ordered a few vegan cookbooks from the works that were on sale.

Meal ideas would be amazing thanks!

KTyoupigeon Mon 30-Dec-19 00:30:28

Waitrose essential gnocchi is vegan. KoKo cheddar is the closest my daughter and I have found to dairy cheese. It melts well when grated - also on offer in Holland and Barrett at the moment.
I have used the vegankind supermarket but find the postage is expensive on the chilled items as they use a next day courier (for obvious reasons) They also do a subscription box which is fab - we have the food one and you get a box of vegan goodies turn up each month

cricketmum84 Tue 31-Dec-19 12:41:35

Seriously thinking about subscribing to the box. I was shocked at the delivery cost for chilled items too!!

I have a Holland and Barrett near work so will definitely try the koko thank you! I love violife cream cheese but not as keen on the hard cheese. Morrison's vegan Parmesan style cheese is great on pasta too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »