Talk

Advanced search

Vegan Richmond sausages.

(13 Posts)
WeirdPookah Tue 17-Dec-19 13:41:14

Sainsbury's has these. Made by the Irish company Richmond, they use the same seasonings, so these vegan sausages taste really like the sausages I certainly ate as a child. Great texture too.

Would recommend for anybody looking for something to add to Christmas lunch... or as we did, totally trashy, in a white roll with brown sauce!

fsmile

WeirdPookah Tue 17-Dec-19 13:49:46

Missed picture.

theneverendinglaundry Fri 20-Dec-19 19:36:21

I bought these the other day and cooked them tonight - I agree they are good! The kids loved them too!

LauraMipsum Sat 21-Dec-19 10:19:58

I love these, they taste like real sausages. Interestingly DD who has never had meat really doesn't like them much, she prefers the Lindas which are not meaty.

Tonii1985 Sat 21-Dec-19 10:27:23

I'm a fan of these.
I wonder how healthy they are? I mean, obviously better than processed red meat but not sure what they are made of.

Bellyfullofbiscuits Sat 21-Dec-19 10:30:05

Love them. Had six packets in my online shop for last night....they were out of stock 😭😭😭😭😭

Namestranger Sat 21-Dec-19 10:32:42

I love em. However I've just discovered the Tofurkey ones and they're my hands down favourite. They're firmer than most V sausages so you can slice them and fry them in things.

WeirdPookah Sat 21-Dec-19 10:57:41

The fat content is pretty reasonable and they have a decent amount of protein (unlike some new products!).
We tried the Tofurky slices and I couldn't eat them with how salty they tasted.

theneverendinglaundry Sat 21-Dec-19 12:27:02

Out of stock in my area too!!! They must be popular.

kikisparks Sat 21-Dec-19 12:29:01

These are amazing! Not sure if it’s still the case but there was a money off voucher in Tesco magazine.

FamilyOfAliens Sat 21-Dec-19 12:31:31

The Tofurkey Italian style ones are great chopped into bits and added to red chilli pesto and pasta.

blackcat86 Sat 21-Dec-19 12:35:21

Just checked and they're out of stock on the Tesco website. I'll have to keep an eye out for them

InspectorAlleyn Sun 29-Dec-19 21:28:49

I like these a lot. I can highly recommend the Naked Glory sausages, which are my new favourites!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »